The term 'New-InformationBarrierPolicy' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet

Copper Contributor

Hello 

I wonder if you could help. I am setting up Information Barriers on our test tenant to prepare for documentation, user testing prior to implementaton.  

I can create the New-OrganizationSegment but I cannot run New-InformationBarrierPolicy - I receive an error. I have raised this with Microsoft Support today. Any help would be appreciated. I have followed through some of the online threads and checked what I can. I am logged on as Global Admin

2 Replies
Global admin doesn't get permissions to run all cmdlets by default, make sure you assign yourself the relevant role groups within the Compliance center.
Hello Vasil

Thanks for your help. I have amended the roles available to the user running the script but I am still experiencing the same issues. At a basic level I can I see my Segments in the Interface and via PowerShell but when I attempt to create a IB Policy or add a Segment to a Site I receive an error.

set-sposite https://XXXXXXXX.sharepoint.com/sites/INFORMATIONBARRIER -AssignInformationSegment 6715dfd4-336d-4ff8-ac81-4a51a9758d17