Windows Admin Center Preview 1903 is now available!

Microsoft

In this release, the Dark UI theme is available for all, and you can now add Server or PC connection by searching Active Directory, one of our top 10 user requests!

Also based on the top user requests, there are four new tools available. Azure Monitor enables email notifications, the #1 user request. New tools to manage Active Directory, DHCP, DHCP were #2, #5, and #7 respectively. These three tools are now available in Preview on the extension feed.

Read the official announcement here: https://aka.ms/wac1903

9 Replies

@Jeff Woolslayer How exactly can we "Add a server connection by searching Active Directory"? It would be much much better (and actually usable in Enterprise) if we could just sync with AD and have all the computers instead of manually adding them in each admin's account.

To add a server connection by searching Active Directory:
* From the Windows Admin Center landing page / Connection list, click + Add
* Choose 'Servers' or 'Windows PCs'
* Select the 3rd tab, 'Search Active Directory'
* Enter search criteria
* Select one or more search results, optionally add tags, and click Add

For the "Sync with AD" functionality you are describing, please add your vote here for tracking: https://windowsserver.uservoice.com/forums/295071-management-tools/suggestions/37075993-integration-...

@Jeff Woolslayer Fails to install with Unhandled exception at the certificate step. Tried with both new self-signed and an existing wild_card certficate, no Dice. wac.PNG

@MrBlack . 

If you are able. please invoke the installer with verbose logging and share the log with us via smefeedback@microsoft.com 

To invoke the installer with verbose logging, launch it from a poweshell console like so and send the resulting text file:

.\WindowsAdminCenter1904-RC.msi /l*v upgradelog.txt

@Jeff Woolslayer log sent as per your request. 

@Jeff Woolslayer 

I have lots of (on premises) servers imported, but have a couple of Win 10s under 'Computer Management' & they don't have the 'Files' tool that I really want there to grab the occasional log file etc.

Fixed that by editing the manifest.json. Files is in the list for windowsClients, but msft.sme.file-explorer didn't have windowsClients.

Is there a good reason for that? Have only tested Files briefly with Win10 & it seems OK.

Please create a suggestion for this to be tracked.

@Jeff Woolslayer  @MrBlack . I'm also having this issue with version 1903, emailed log as requested.

@Jeff Woolslayer @MrBlack . 

I was able to install the update after deleting the existing Windows Admin Center Encryption certificate from LocalMachine\My.  The installer created a new one during installation.