WAC Browser compatibility

Copper Contributor

I am trying out the WAC and for now I can say that I like it. It’s an big improvement concerning windows server management. Thanks. But…

Browser compatibility. On the page it says:

The latest versions of Microsoft Edge (Windows 10, version 1709 or later) and Google Chrome browsers are tested and supported on Windows 10. Other modern web browsers or other platforms are not currently part of our test matrix and are therefore not officially supported.

OK, Edge a understand but this browser is still far from mature.

But Chrome?? Why? Because the 80% of the mobile market of Android probably. If you can’t beat them join them? Right? But this means that I too have to sell my soul (like MS has done apparently) to Google (i.e. Alphabet).

Please support (officially) Firefox to!

I, and I think a lot of other admins, will thank you form the bottom of our hart(s).

Regards

Paul.

2 Replies

To me the hilarious part in all this... it requires Edge or Chrome. Well, Edge doesn't exist on the Server OS that is REQUIRED for WAC to install on. Which means... you guessed it-- you have to install Chrome! On a freaking server! How insane is that?! Why is Edge not a part of Server? It's completely ridiculous!

And I know what you're thinking-- you shouldn't be browsing from a server. It's a RemoteApp server and a restricted environment. It's entire purpose is to have apps installed! So I have to choose to install a browser experience I don't want on a server just so I can use WAC to administer all the other servers in said restricted environment.

Maybe Microsoft ought to rethink this browser strategy a bit...