AdminCenter import cluster error (certificate)

Copper Contributor

Hello,

having the following issue.

AdminCenter over HTTPS, fail-over clusters configured with WinRM over https.

Cluster nodes added to AdminCenter sucessfully, but when I try to import cluster the following message is shown:

"The SSL certificate contains a common name (CN) that does not match the hostname."

I'm using the cluster name to add it to the admincenter.

CA issuing certificates to domain computer objects

Is there any way to include the cluster name on all cluster nodes in order to import the cluster to the admincenter?

regards,

1 Reply
Having this as well. I could replace the certificate on each host with one that has SANs for the cluster name but that seems dumb to be manual. At this point I'm not managing my cluster with Windows Admin Center and it's had such promise (for years and years now) but these basic items need to be taken care of and included in the setup or an option to enable that. I don't see any reason installing the feature of Failover Clustering wouldn't add a SAN to the host's certificate. Or at least give the option to do so for those that need to move more carefully on critical host systems. Or hell, the cluster has its own IP and could present this certificate over that connection, I know the managing host is ultimately what's responding but this would be possible.