How to Recover deleted Text Messages Samsung Galaxy on Computer?

Copper Contributor

I accidentally deleted some important text messages from my Samsung Galaxy phone and I urgently need to recover them. I have tried several methods such as using data recovery software, but none of them seem to work. I am not sure what else to do and I am afraid that I might have lost those messages forever.

Can someone please help me with step-by-step instructions on how to recover deleted text messages from Samsung Galaxy phone on my computer? Thank you in advance for any assistance you can provide.

5 Replies

If you've previously backed up your Samsung Galaxy device using Samsung's official backup service, Samsung Smart Switch, you can easily recover deleted text messages from the backup on your computer.

If you did not back up your phone, then it is highly recommended using professional Android data recovery software to recover the deleted messages such as Dr.Fone - Recover. Here is a step-by-step-guide for recovering deleted text messages from Android phone:

https://www.tunesbro.com/recover-deleted-messages-samsung-phone.html

Make sure USB debugging is enabled on your phone. Let me know if you need more assistance on this matter.

If you accidentally deleted text messages from your Samsung Galaxy phone, there are still ways to recover them, and one way is to connect your phone to a computer. Here are the steps you can follow to try and recover deleted text messages from Samsung Galaxy on a computer:

Step 1: Stop Using Your Phone

The first thing you need to do is to stop using your Samsung Galaxy phone. This is because any new data may overwrite your deleted messages, making them irretrievable.

Step 2: Connect Your Phone to Your Computer

Connect your Samsung Galaxy phone to your computer using a USB cable. Make sure that your phone is unlocked and the option to Transfer files (MTP) is selected.

Step 3: Download and Install Samsung Kies

Samsung Kies is a free software that allows you to manage data on a Samsung Galaxy phone. Download and install Samsung Kies on your computer.

Step 4: Launch Samsung Kies

Open Samsung Kies on your computer, and if prompted, accept the terms and conditions.

Step 5: Select Your Phone

Once your phone is detected, click on your device on the left-hand side panel in Samsung Kies.

Step 6: Click on Backup/Restore

From the top menu, click on Backup/Restore, then click on Restore.

Step 7: Select Messages

From the restore window, click on the checkbox next to Messages, and then click on Restore now.

Step 8: Wait

Samsung Kies will scan your phone and retrieve deleted messages. Once the process is complete, you will recover deleted text messages from Samsung Galaxy.

Note that this method may not guarantee a 100% chance of recovery. If recovering deleted text messages from Samsung Galaxy fails. you can also try using a Data Recovery software like Dr. Fone for Android each with its own instructions for installing and using it.

Recovering deleted text messages on a Samsung Galaxy device using a computer involves several methods, including using Samsung's own Smart Switch software, third-party data recovery software, or previously set up backups. The success of these methods can vary based on factors like when the data was deleted and whether the phone's data has been overwritten. Here are some steps you can take:

Note: Stop using the device immediately after you realize messages have been deleted. This prevents new data from overwriting the space where the deleted messages are stored.

1. Samsung Smart Switch

Samsung Smart Switch is primarily used for transferring content between mobile devices and PCs or Macs. If you have previously backed up your Samsung Galaxy device using Smart Switch, you can restore your text messages through the software.

2. Third-Party Data Recovery Software

There are numerous third-party data recovery tools available that can help recover deleted text messages. These software applications often require enabling USB debugging on your Samsung Galaxy device and might have varying degrees of success.

3. Google Drive Backup (if set up)

If you had set up your Samsung Galaxy device to back up to Google Drive, you might be able to restore your text messages through a factory reset and then restoring from the backup.

Before proceeding with any recovery steps, carefully review the instructions and implications of each method to choose the best one for your situation.

I prefer to use third-party software to recover deleted data. So follow the steps below to recover deleted text messages on Samsung Galaxy on your computer:

1. Download and install a free third-party Android data recovery software on your computer such as Dr.Fone Free.

2. Connect your Samsung Galaxy phone to the computer via a USB cable.

3. Launch the installed data recovery software and let it detect your Samsung Galaxy device.

4. Select the option to recover deleted text messages from your Samsung Galaxy phone.

5. Follow the instructions provided by the software, which will differ depending on the specific software you are using.

6. Wait for the software to scan your Samsung Galaxy phone and recover the deleted text messages.

7. Once the recovery process is complete, review the list of recoverable text messages and select the messages you want to recover.

8. Click on the "Recover" button and choose a location on your computer to save the retrieved messages.

9. Wait for the recovery process to complete.

10. Open the saved text messages on your computer and confirm that they have been successfully recovered.

Note that any method or software to recover deleted text messages on Samsung Galaxy I support you to try, it is best to choose a method that is suitable for your device.

There are several ways to recover deleted text Messages Samsung Galaxy on computer. Here are a few methods you can try:

Method 1: Check the Trash or Deleted Folder
1. Open the messaging app on your Samsung phone.
2. Look for a folder named "Trash" or "Deleted" within the app.
3. Open the folder to see if your deleted messages are stored there.
4. If you find your deleted messages, select and restore them to the main inbox.

Note: This method is only applicable if your messaging app has a trash or deleted folder feature.

Method 2: Restore from Samsung Cloud (for Samsung devices)
1. Open the Settings app on your Samsung phone.
2. Go to "Accounts and Backup" or "Cloud and Accounts" (depending on your device).
3. Select "Samsung Cloud" or "Cloud and Accounts".
4. Tap on "Restore" or "Restore Data".
5. Choose the option to restore your messages.
6. The phone will request your Samsung account details for authentication.
7. Once authenticated, select the desired backup file containing your deleted messages.
8. Follow the prompts to complete the restore process.

Note: About how to recover deleted text Messages Samsung Galaxy, this method requires that you have previously backed up your Samsung Galaxy using Samsung Cloud.

Method 3: Use Samsung Kies (for PC)
1. Download and install Samsung Kies software on your PC.
2. Connect your Samsung phone to the PC using a USB cable.
3. Launch Samsung Kies and wait for it to recognize your device.
4. Click on the "Backup/Restore" tab.
5. Choose the backup file that contains your deleted messages.
6. Select the messages you want to restore and click on the "Restore" button.
7. Wait for the restore process to complete.

Note: Samsung Kies is compatible with certain older Samsung phone models. Newer models may require Samsung Smart Switch instead.