Cannot run ASP.Net Webforms app with Windows Integrated Authentication on my PC

Copper Contributor

For quite sometime I have not been able to run ASP.Net web applications with Windows Authentication locally on my PC (Windows 10). This is true while debugging in Visual Studio (currently v2019) and is also true while running on IIS alone on my PC. I used to be able to do that, but not anymore. My PC is on my company domain and I am working remotely via Direct VPN. When I run a web application (ASP.Net Webform application) that has Windows Authentication ON, I get the dialog box where I type in my login info and soon after the page crashes with error. The error message depends on which browser I am using. For example in :
`Hmmm… can't reach this pageIt looks like the webpage at http://localhost:50767/ might be having issues, or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.`

In the Event Viewer the following Warning is logged under Windows Log > System:

```
The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID
{2593F8B9-4EAF-457C-B68A-50F6B8EA6B54}
and APPID
{15C20B67-12E7-4BB6-92BB-7AFF07997402}
to the user MYDOMAIN\MY_USERNAME SID (MY SID) from address LocalHost (Using LRPC) running in the application container Unavailable SID (Unavailable). This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool.
```
I have looked up this error online and have found some solutions to go into Registry and Component Services and allow permissions to that class id, which happens to be "PerAppRuntimeBroker" in my case. Still it did not resolve the issue.

Has anyone else run into this issue and if so what did you do to resolve it?

Thanks

0 Replies