How to follow tags & Labels across communities and blogs? Idea: RSS

How to follow tags & Labels across communities and blogs? Idea: RSS

Upvotes

Upvote

Oct 12 2017
6 Comments (6 New)
On Hold

Do you agree it would be a great idea to have RSS feeds enabled for topic tags? Take this tag page as an example:

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/tag/OneNote/tg-p

It has posts from multiple blogs and communities.

I know MTC supports RSS feeds by space, but I'm looking for feeds across spaces.

On that note (!), it could be useful to allow notifications for multiple tags in one custom feed, e.g. 'OneNote', 'One Note', 'notes'. I hope this is feasible.

Thoughts?

Comments
Community Manager
Status changed to: Under review

@Marjolein Hoekstra

Thanks for your idea, this is an ask that other communities have asked for and I have added our weight to it and I will circle back here with updates as they become available. 

Community Manager
Status changed to: New Idea

Community Manager
Status changed to: On Hold

@Marjolein Hoekstra 

So digging deeper on this, most good RSS Readers will let you filter on tag but we use labels almost exclusively on the Tech Community as a result the labels can not be filtered on. I do not currently know how we are going to solve for this but I will keep it on hold while we identify a technical solution

Microsoft

I think this is an excellent idea.  AVD services updates are posted under the "AVDUpdate" tag and I have no way of getting only that info, instead I'm bombarded with user posts that I don't care about.

Community Manager

Still no update on support for this outside blogs, in blogs we already support filter by label.

I am also extending this idea to be labels and Tags as they are virtually the same and in the next version of the platform there is plans to do away with tags and labels, combining them into one type of meta data.

Copper Contributor

+1 as the new windows server insider release notes are also based on labels in a forum. 

I really just want to keep an eye on the new versions and not have to see the other posts about users having issues etc. While most readers seem to support filtering most seem to lock this behind a premium tier, not to mention it requires manual setup etc