First published on TECHNET on Sep 25, 2007
The Operations Manager team is making good progress on readying the first Service Pack for the Operations Manager 2007. The high level themes of this service pack are:
· Address critical customer initiated issues including roll-up of all hotfixes
· Make the product easier to support
· Make the product easier to use
· Make the product easier to deploy
The first opportunity for you to utilize SP1 will be coming up in early November when the Release Candidate version of SP1 will be made available. This Release Candidate (RC) has undergone extensive testing for quality, stability and performance. We will be making this RC publically available and encourage customers to make use of it for all their environments,
except for production environments where pre-release code is not appropriate
Our goals for the Release Candidate are:
· To give customers evaluating Operations Manager 2007 advance access to the SP to aid in their evaluation and proof of concept deployments.
· To give current Operations Manager 2007 customers that may have hotfixes in their environment an opportunity to test the service pack and provide feedback.
· Ultimately to make sure that the final RTM release of the Service Pack is of the highest possible quality.
Release Candidate details:
· This will be publicly available release. In early November 2007, a link from our home page on
will help you find the RC.
· This release will be supported. Support options include:
o Newsgroups – there will be a dedicated SP1 newsgroup
o Microsoft Customer Support Services (CSS) – you can use your standard support options to get support on this edition
o Support for the RC will end 30 days after the RTM version is released.
· This release is fully upgradeable to the final RTM version of the service pack.
More details on what is fixed and enhanced in SP1 will accompany the release candidate version along with instructions on how to upgrade your deployment.