Hey there again! This is Babulal Ghule from the System Center team and today I wanted to walk you through the steps to configure the notification for assignment/re-assignment, action log/user comment updates for Incident/Service Request.
In System Center Service Manager 2010 (SCSM 2010) we used an xml based management pack to create notifications for action log/user input updates. Now with System Center 2012 Service Manager (SCSM 2012) we have new classes that we can use for notifications.
In this article I will cover the following scenarios:
1. Notify the Analyst when a user adds comments from the portal for an Incident or Service Request.
2. Notify the End User when the Analyst updates the action log from the console for an Incident or Service Request.
If you are using the Exchange connector to process emails to create and update emails:
3. Notify the Analyst when an end user replies to email notifications with comments (or provides new information) for an incident or Service Request.
4. Notify an End User when analysts reply to emails requesting more information (reply to assigned to user notification or analyst notification which will be logged as Analyst comments on the Incident or Service Request)
5. We will modify assignment/re-assignment management pack to notify for assignment or re-assignment of a Service Request.
Step 1: Creating Notifications
For detailed steps on creating notifications in Service Manager, please refer this TechNet link: