1. Microsoft System Center Virtual Machine Manager – Technical Preview 4 – Download link
2. Windows Server 2016 Technical Preview 4 – Download link
3. Windows Server 2016 Technical Preview 4 Virtual Hard Disk Image using GPT partition (for generation 2 VMs) which can be created using Wim2VHD - Download link
1. Download the compressed file from this download link .
2. Extract the custom resource folder named HostGuardianServiceScripts.cr and copy it to your VMM library, then refresh the library share.
3. Create a Run As Account to be used for the Local Administrator of the HGS machine.
4. Verify the Windows Server Technical Preview 4 VHDX (GPT partition image) is imported in the VMM library.
5. Import the XML file as a VMM service template and map the resources according to resources included in the library:
6. If needed, open the computer tier properties and update the product key in the operating system configuration.
7. Save and configure deployment.
8. Specify the VM Network to be used:
9. Specify the service settings per the configuration of the desired deployment. Below are example settings to deploy an AD mode HGS server:
Here are example settings to deploy a TPM Mode HGS server:
10. For TPM Mode, if adding Code Integrity Policies, TPM Hosts and TPM policies is desired, then include the necessary files to your library prior to the deployment of the service configuration and per the folder structure below. If this step is skipped then extra configuration is needed before the HGS instance can be used. Refer to this link for more details on how to create these files: https://aka.ms/shieldedvms .
You must be a registered user to add a comment. If you've already registered, sign in. Otherwise, register and sign in.