First published on MSDN on Oct 18, 2015
Authored by Ed Price
UPDATED 4/1/19: Fixed the embedded videos and reformatted for the new blog platform.
Using the EV3 extension for Small Basic 1.2, you can use Small Basic to program your Lego Mindstorm EV3 robots! This is a great next step for teachers and parents looking to lay the groundwork on their kids' futures and careers. Lego Mindstorms is a big step toward engineering and computer development, and programming your robots on Small Basic is an even bigger one!
This awesome extension comes from Reinhard Grafl with a ton of tooling and content support developed by Nigel Ward:
1. Small Basic & the EV3 Basic extension are free!
2. Small Basic is the only educational software that teaches actual text-based programming.
3. Small Basic is in 20 languages!
4. EV3 Basic is the Easiest Installation!!
5. Small Basic teaches you as you type!
6. Small Basic Social Features!
7. Small Basic Graphics Window
8. Small Basic's Sound Object & EV3's Speaker Object
9. Better Handling of Variables
10. Small Basic's Text and TextWindow Objects
11. Built-In Support for I2C Communications and UART
12. "Easy-In, Ease-Out" Motions for Motors
13. Synchronized Wheel Motions
14. Assert Function
15. Advanced Thread Management
16. Read RGB Values from the Color Sensor
17. Vector Functions
18. Advanced Matrix Functions
19. EV3 Basic Robots Run Faster!
20. EV3 Makes No Changes to the EV3 Brick
21. Bluetooth & WiFi Support!
22. No Need to Download Programs to the Brick
23. EV3 Explorer
You must be a registered user to add a comment. If you've already registered, sign in. Otherwise, register and sign in.