Skype blocking calls from hidden numbers

Copper Contributor

We are a school and are using SfB for our phone system. I started getting complaints from various parents / outside callers, that they can't ever get through when they ring us. I eventually narrowed it down to any callers who withhold or hide their number.

I tested it with my phone. If I share my number it works every time. If I hide my number then the call just gets a busy tone.

I didn't even think SfB was capable of doing this. Can anyone point me to where this might be configured? I need to turn it off, as we get a lot of calls from social workers, and they often hide their phone numbers.

Thanks.

2 Replies

Hi Tom.

First of all, are you using Skype for Business Online or Skype for Business Server??

If you are using SFB Online, go to your admin portal and check the call analytics for any traces of the call. 

If you are using SFB Server, please start a logging scenario IncomingAndOutgoingCall and recreate the scenario. Go through the logfile for the call.

I hope this helps you.

/Kenneth ML

Thanks for your response, and sorry for the delay in responding.

After speaking to our service provider, it turned out that the fix was to change the PSTN Gateway settings in the topology, to: "Use all configured IP addresses", rather than "Limit service to selected IP addresses".

That solved it.