WMR and error 14-1

Copper Contributor

Hi there, all was functioning well until this afternoon, I turn on the computer put the headset and WMR home start, then go black and start again, and go black and start again. After 3 or 4 times the view freeze and all remains blocked.

After a while make another couple of restart ad show brielfy the error 14-1

>Restart and shutdown doesn't help at all...

Ryzen 5 3600

RTX 3070

32 gb ram

MSI B450

Reverb G2 

Thank you

3 Replies

@maximus10 The error codes for WMR are over here:
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/mixed-reality/enthusiast-guide/error-codes

From the description on there, it sounds like it could be a graphics driver issue? Try updating or re-installing your graphics driver, see if that helps any!

@koujaku Tried all kind of drivers, last one and some stable one from the past.

Every time I reinstall the gpu driver the problem disappear, but after a restart or shutdown the issue come again.

I have seen that the issue come after the KB4023057 that I have installed the 20 th Feb.

Event viewer shows  that the problem is the DWM.exe:

The program dwm.exe version 10.0.19041.746 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Security and Maintenance control panel.

Process ID: 8a4

Start Time: 01d7084cea1677fe

Termination Time: 289

Application Path: C:\Windows\System32\dwm.exe

Report Id: c8ebcfea-d19f-483e-80ba-84807fd285c0

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

Hang type: Unknown

I reinstalled the gpu driver and the problem was fixed but after a restart or shutdown all the problems come back...

Reinstalled WMR portal with no luck.

Ryzen 5 3600

32 gb ram

RTX3070

MSI B450

@maximus10 Unfortunately, troubleshooting things of this nature might be a little beyond me! My recommendation at the moment would be to re-create the error code, and then report this via the Windows Feedback Hub.

If you can link that feedback item here, I might be able to push that around a little internally. I know our team definitely pays attention to WMR related feedback!