By John Mighell, Sr. Product Marketing Manager, Viva Learning Marketing Lead
Last month we unveiled Viva Learning, one of the four modules that make up Microsoft Viva, as a way to seamlessly integrate learning into the workday. Since the announcement on February 4th we’ve seen a huge amount of interest from our customers and partners, and plenty of questions about how to get involved.
Today we are pleased to share the next step in that journey – Viva Learning public preview will be available in April of this year.
How to get started with Viva Learning public preview
Please visit aka.ms/VivaLearning and click “Sign up for updates.” The form provides two sign up options (yes, you can sign up for both):
- Sign up for customer updates. We will reach out to you as soon as Viva Learning public preview access instructions are available.
- Sign up for partner updates. We will notify you as soon as APIs and integration guidelines are available for Viva Learning.
Viva Learning makes learning a natural part of your day
Last month we demonstrated (for managers and employees) some of the core capabilities of the Viva Learning app for Microsoft Teams:
- Aggregates your access to learning content from various sources in one place (from LinkedIn Learning, Microsoft Learn, Microsoft 365 trainings, 3rd party content providers, and your own custom content stored on SharePoint).
- Makes it easy to search for and share learning content in chats with groups or individuals.
- Simplifies onboarding and learning content organization with the ability to pin customized sets of learning resources within a Teams tab.
- Provides the tools to recommend specific learnings and track reported completion of learning tasks.
- Reduces the time from learning discovery to consumption with the embedded learning course player for LinkedIn Learning content.
- Announced partnerships with an initial set of content providers – Skillsoft, Coursera, Pluralsight, and edX. Also announced partnerships with an initial set of Learning Management Systems for future integration – Cornerstone OnDemand, Saba, and SAP SuccessFactors. To learn more about our initial set of Viva Learning partners, please watch the video below.
New features announced at Ignite
We also have a new video for Ignite which dives deeper into new features and technical details to help plan for rollout and admin implementation.
Watch the new Microsoft Ignite video to see:
- How to use the Microsoft 365 Admin Center to configure learning sources available to specific groups.
- How to use the Teams Admin Center to manage Viva Learning across an organization.
- How Microsoft substrate leverages data from the Microsoft Graph to surface relevant recommendations and learning search results.
- The latest walkthrough of Viva Learning in a live tenant environment.
Hear from our private preview customers
Teams using Viva Learning in private preview are sharing positive feedback with us already:
"We're excited about the seamless integration of Viva Learning into the flow of work for our employees. We believe that Viva Learning will enable a culture of learning at NI and enhance the employee experience."
- Herb Barrientes, Talent Development Program Specialist (NI); Kerry Lambert, Principal Collaboration Engineer (NI)
We are also hearing strong positive feedback from our private preview customers and internal Microsoft users who are loving the app and the simplicity it brings to learning.
With public preview just around the corner we are excited to bring Viva Learning to more people and organizations. We expect to make Viva Learning generally available later this year.
Don’t forget to visit aka.ms/VivaLearning and click “sign up for updates” to get priority notification of our public preview and receive the latest customer and partner updates as they become available.
We look forward to learning on this journey together.