Expanding the use of Team Member tags

Steel Contributor

Currently you can assign team member tags to group the members for group chats. I would like to use the tags to be able to assign assignments to different groups of learners, instead of picking them out individually from the class list.

Currently there is such an idea at the Microsoft Teams Uservoice, but it hasn't attracted many votes. If you support the idea, please go to Assign a assignment to group of students with a specific tag and vote for it.

4 Replies
Absolutely agree. I've had several teachers ask me if this was possible

Thanks @Marius Pretorius for directing me to the similar idea and for making the suggestion on UserVoice to merge the two ideas. I have upvoted this one as well.

Yes please!!!
In addition, I'd like to have tags visible in subgroups. In one team, I tag the students according to the year they will leave the school (as this doesn't change with time, and allows selection by year group). And this means, for <reasons> that I need to update certain subchannels. In an ideal world, I would say 'find all with tag <x> and remove from subchannel', but as tags are not used in subchannels...... In an ideal world I could have 'smart subchannels' (i.e. this is a private channel, visible to people with THESE tags).