SOLVED

Teams Meeting recording : disable auto publish

Brass Contributor

Is it possible to disable the automatic publishing on stream of a teams meeting recording?

We are a school, and teachers want to use the teams meeting recordings, but they want to be able to edit / review the recording before sharing it with the students.

I searched the documentation, policies, and this community. As far as I understand it, this is not possible. The only option is to enable/disable the recordings in Teams.

Am I correct? Or is there a way to disable the automatic publishing?

Thanks!

4 Replies
best response confirmed by Jille Floridor (Brass Contributor)
Solution

@Jille Floridor  If the user who starts the recording has a Stream license, the meeting is automatically uploaded. You can not deactivate that! If the user has no Stream license, the video is stored for 30 day in an other location (not Stream) and every meeting participant can download it from the Teams meeting.

I think the best option for you is that the recording starter, hopefully the teacher, goes to Stream as soon as the meeting has ended and edit the permission. The recording starter is the owner and he can remove all other permissions, review the video and when it is done, reassign permissions!

@Tomislav Karafilov Hi, I used to have the same movements here in my teams, but I recently noticed that a recording made at the main channel is not stored to MS Stream and a download entry has been posted to the main channel after stop recording instead. It make it more inconvenient since I could not change any attributes at MS Stream as the video entry is not seen at MS Stream. Do you think you have a fix for that?

@ChrisKJP 

Did anyone offer a solution or work around to recordings auto-publishing to the channel page. It is a dealbreaker for me, and if there is no fix I will be going back to Blackboard Collaborate. (My ohter criticism of MS Teams meeting tool is that I cannot VIEW the shared screen in a format that replicates what my audience is seeing. Am I wrong about that?)

@kim365  As for the issue of the auto-publishing of the recording to the post where the recording is performed, it may help you. The admin has to do that.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/tmr-meeting-recording-change

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Jille Floridor (Brass Contributor)
Solution

@Jille Floridor  If the user who starts the recording has a Stream license, the meeting is automatically uploaded. You can not deactivate that! If the user has no Stream license, the video is stored for 30 day in an other location (not Stream) and every meeting participant can download it from the Teams meeting.

I think the best option for you is that the recording starter, hopefully the teacher, goes to Stream as soon as the meeting has ended and edit the permission. The recording starter is the owner and he can remove all other permissions, review the video and when it is done, reassign permissions!

View solution in original post