SOLVED

Search in Microsoft Stream does not crawl transcript any more

Highlighted
Regular Contributor
Some weeks ago with the global search box in Stream it was possible to get results from within the transcripts of videos. This is currently not possible any more. Why?
10 Replies
Highlighted

@Tomislav Karafilov I have the exact same issue, so at least you're not alone. I presume it's not specifc to your tenant, maybe it's a generic issue.

Highlighted

I am facing same issue. Even the search in the transcript is not working anymore.

Highlighted

@Tomislav Karafilov Can confirm this is happening tenant wide for us.

Highlighted

@Tomislav Karafilov Just saw this in our tenant as well. I can clearly read the words in the captions, yet search returns no results. Really annoying!

Highlighted
Best Response confirmed by Tomislav Karafilov (Regular Contributor)
Solution

@Katrin Weixel 

Microsoft has just announced (MC207439) that the search feature will temporarily exclude the content of the videos in certain data centres.

The video search experience in Stream will temporarily exclude results from transcripts for these data centers: Europe North, Europe West, Singapore, South East Asia, U.S. East. Searches will continue to show results based on words in the video title and description. Additionally, transcript search will not work for individual videos on the player page in South East Asia and U.S. East. 

It's a temporary feature adjustment.

Highlighted

@1dimitri Ok, thank you! Glad it will be a temporary adjustment!

Highlighted

@1dimitri 

MS TEAM ..EXPLAIN WHY YOU DID THIS. SO MANY PEOPLE NEED THIS.

RETURN THE FEATURE TODAY , PLEASE! NO TIME FOR THUMB TWIDDLES HERE  

THANK YOU!

Highlighted

@1dimitri 

I dont understand why they disabled it for certain data centers?

Anyone know?

When will it return?  Pretty popular feature I would imagine.

Thanks

Highlighted

@Tomislav Karafilov 

Dear Sir,

Is it possible to recover a permanently deleted video from MS Stream recycle bin?

Is it possible for my MS Stream admin in our company to restore the video after I deleted it from my recycle bin permanently?

Thank you very much!