Welcome to our new quarterly blog series designed to help you skill up on Modern Work technologies. This is your quarterly one stop shop for Modern Work technical skilling updates, resources, and opportunities.
7 ways to skill up on Modern Work technologies today:
- Explore administration of Microsoft 365 in the new era of AI: Microsoft 365 Copilot combines the power of large language models (LLMs) with your data in the Microsoft Graph and the Microsoft 365 apps. See what this will mean for Microsoft 365 administration and how data security, privacy, and responsible AI considerations will influence the control set we're building to manage Copilot experiences across Microsoft 365 and the apps. Learn more.
- Build and deploy apps for Microsoft Teams using Teams Toolkit for Visual Studio Code: Teams Toolkit is an extension for Visual Studio Code and Visual Studio 2022. It helps developers create and deploy Microsoft Teams apps with integrated identity, cloud storage, and other services across Microsoft 365 and Azure.
Our brand new learning path is a multi-part series that teaches you the basic concepts of building Microsoft Teams apps using Teams Toolkit. It guides you with interactive exercises on how to use Teams Toolkit to develop, test, and deploy Microsoft Teams applications. It also explores how you can integrate native Microsoft Teams capabilities to enhance your own applications using the TeamsJS library.
Get started learning how to build apps for Teams using the Teams Toolkit by participating in our Teams Toolkit Cloud Skills Challenge happening April 12-26. Register today.
- Stay up to date on Microsoft 365 certification changes: In early February, we announced several changes to the Microsoft 365 certification portfolio. Don’t miss the new Exam MS-721: Collaboration Communications Systems Engineer currently in beta.
- Skill up at the Microsoft 365 Conference in Las Vegas next month: The community is coming together in Las Vegas, May 2-4, for three days of connection and learning at the Microsoft 365 Conference. Microsoft will again be a Diamond Sponsor of the event. The event will provide 300-400 level learning across 150 sessions with all the keynotes and over 60 breakouts delivered by Microsoft experts.
This conference will be an incredible learning opportunity to dive into Microsoft 365, including recent AI announcements! You will hear directly from several Microsoft engineering leaders, including Rajesh Jha, Executive Vice President, Experiences + Devices; Jeff Teper, President, Microsoft Collaborative Apps and Platforms; Kirk Koenigsbauer, Chief Operating Officer & Corporate Vice President, Experiences + Devices Group; and Charles Lamanna, CVP, Business Applications & Platform. We also recently announced a full AI track.
We are pleased to offer you a registration discount of $150 using the code: MSCUST150
Visit the event website to learn more and register.
- Discover the newest Microsoft 365 Virtual Training Day offering: Reimagine the way you work at Microsoft 365 Virtual Training Day: Fundamentals. Join us at this free Microsoft Learn event to see how to work smarter and faster with Microsoft 365 while maintaining built-in security and compliance. You’ll also explore licensing, service, and support options for your organization.
After attending this event, you will be able to:
- Enable security, compliance, and privacy features within Microsoft 365.
- Identify the right Microsoft 365 pricing and support for your organization.
- Jumpstart your preparation for the Microsoft 365 Fundamentals certification exam.
Find more information and register for upcoming events.
- Catch up on the latest technical content from Microsoft Mechanics:
- Microsoft Loop app: The new Microsoft Loop app is a transformative co-creation experience that brings together teams, content, and tasks across your tools and devices. See what's available now in preview and what's coming in the Copilot on Mechanics video "Microsoft Loop App: First Look & Full Tutorial" featuring the lead engineer on the Loop team, Derek Liddell, who demonstrates the end-to-end experience, including the web and mobile experiences as well as highlights of the integration with Teams, Word, and Outlook."
- Microsoft Intune Suite: The new Microsoft Intune Suite adds advanced cross-platform capabilities that go beyond Unified Endpoint Management for one solution with new features that span Endpoint Privilege Management as a new way to get to local Standard User accounts, Advanced Endpoint Analytics to stay ahead of helpdesk calls, secure app-level VPN for personal devices with Tunnel for MAM, and Remote Help for Android and Windows users. See it all in action.
- Dive deeper into Microsoft Intune Suite at this digital event on Microsoft Tech Community: Save the date and save your spot for a closer look at the Microsoft Intune Suite. Explore the latest advanced endpoint management and security solutions with technical deep dives and live Ask Microsoft Anything (AMA) sessions delivered by the engineering teams building the future of Microsoft Intune: Tech Accelerator: Microsoft Intune Suite | Digital event, April 11-12, 2023