As part of our quarterly skilling recap, we are showcasing the many learning opportunities featured with our latest series, Learn Live: Microsoft Secure 2023.
Last month, security professionals from around the world gathered for Microsoft Secure 2023, an event that explores the security strategies that will shape the future of the field. Although the event is over, there are still a variety of learning opportunities you can pursue at your own pace to build on the key topics and themes that were covered, including a series of four Microsoft Secure Learn Live episodes. These Learn Live episodes can help you earn badges, prepare for certifications, and gain new technical skills to make the most of your Microsoft security solutions. View the episodes.
Watch and learn with Learn Live: Microsoft Secure 2023 episodes
Each Learn Live episode guides participants through a step-by-step Microsoft Learn module. Microsoft experts lead the session, providing helpful commentary, insights, and answering questions along the way. There is still time to register for our final episode in the series.
Create, configure, and manage identities
April 19, 2023, 10:00 AM—11:30 AM (PDT)
Working through the advanced-level Create, configure, and manage identities module will build your skills with Azure Active Directory, part of Microsoft Entra. In this episode, you’ll learn how to:
- Create, configure, and manage users.
- Create, configure, and manage groups.
- Manage licenses.
- Explain custom security attributes and automatic user provisioning.
Want to check out the previous Learn Live episodes? View the on-demand recordings whenever you want for an in-depth walk-through of training modules focused on Microsoft Sentinel, Microsoft Purview, and Microsoft Defender for Cloud.
Threat hunting with Microsoft Sentinel
Walk through the intermediate-level Threat hunting with Microsoft Sentinel module to learn how to:
- Use queries to hunt for threats.
- Save key findings with bookmarks.
- Observe threats over time with livestream.
Manage insider risk in Microsoft Purview
Complete the intermediate-level Manage insider risk in Microsoft Purview module in this episode. By the end, you will be able to:
- Explain how Microsoft Purview Insider Risk Management can help prevent, detect, and contain internal risks in an organization.
- Describe the types of built-in, pre-defined policy templates.
- List the prerequisites that need to be met before creating insider risk policies.
- Explain the types of actions you can take on an insider risk management case.
Enable and manage Microsoft Defender for Cloud
Walk through the intermediate-level Enable and manage Microsoft Defender for Cloud module, which shows how to use Microsoft Defender for Cloud and Secure Score to track and improve your security posture. You will:
- Define the most common types of cyber-attacks.
- Configure Microsoft Defender for Cloud based on your security posture.
- Review Secure Score and raise it.
- Lock down your solutions using Microsoft Defender for Cloud.
- Enable just-in-time access and other security features.
Explore Learn Live: Microsoft Secure 2023 to register and view on-demand episodes and put your learnings from the event into practice.
Preparing for security certification exams
If you’ll be taking either Exam SC-900: Microsoft Security, Compliance, and Identity Fundamentals or Exam AZ-500: Microsoft Azure Security Technologies, don’t forget to take these practice assessments; they’re powerful free resources that will help you prepare.
Available soon: the practice assessment for Exam SC-200: Microsoft Security Operations Analyst.
Connect with the Microsoft Learn Community
The Microsoft Learn Community offers a variety of ways to connect and engage with peers and technical experts, including Learning Rooms which offer a dedicated and safe environment where you can connect directly with an expert and dive deep into topic-specific questions via asynchronous discussions and virtual sessions. Many technology areas are featured. Join a security, compliance, and identity learning room and start building new skills today.