As a tech professional moving ahead in your field, you know that Microsoft Certifications are essential building blocks in your career portfolio. These globally recognized and industry-endorsed certifications validate your knowledge and expertise and prove that you’re keeping pace with today’s technology.
Whether you’re a learner or you’re part of an organization that needs to empower its teams to validate their skills, you know that passing a certification exam demands an investment of time and effort. To help you increase your chances of succeeding, Microsoft Learn provides a wide array of exam readiness resources, including: prep videos in the Exam Readiness Zone; and study guides, an exam sandbox, tips, and strategies on the details page of the certification exam you’re exploring.
Now we’re introducing a powerful new resource designed to help you prepare for exam day: free Practice Assessments on Microsoft Learn. These assessments offer you a no-cost, no-risk way to test your skills, assess your knowledge and strengths, and gauge your readiness for a Microsoft Certification exam.
Research shows that scoring well on practice tests and assessments like these can increase the likelihood that a learner will pass the associated exams. Liberty Munson, Director of Psychometrics for the Microsoft Technical Credentialing Program, agrees that this can hold true for our new Practice Assessments, too. As she explains, ”Because we are taking a number of steps to ensure that each Practice Assessment is on the same development and sustainment cycle as the associated Microsoft Certification exam and that they are written at the same level of difficulty as you will find on our certification exams, learners who take and pass our Practice Assessments will be much more likely to pass their exam than those who don’t take advantage of this preparation resource.”
That sure seems like a win-win.
A valuable new study aid
Practice Assessments give learners clear insights about what to expect on their exams and pinpoint where they need additional preparation. As part of a complete exam readiness routine, Practice Assessments can help learners get familiar with certification exam style and content. Because Practice Assessments are created by the same teams that manage and update certification materials, they are closely aligned with that content. Each Practice Assessment is designed to familiarize you with the tone, style, and level of difficulty you would find on the actual exam.
- Find complete exam preparation in one place. Practice Assessments complement the existing portfolio of exam readiness resources available for free on Microsoft Learn. This rich suite of carefully integrated tools lets you manage your entire learning and exam preparation experience—from end to end—on the same platform, as you aim for certification success. Plus, the assessments will be available in multiple languages soon, so you can select the one that you prefer.
- Fill in knowledge gaps, and get recommended resources. Practice Assessments provide instant feedback to highlight areas where you may need improvement. A detailed explanation of the answer for every question—along with links that point to additional resources—can deepen your understanding of the exam material. You can take Practice Assessments as many times as you wish and review your progress with score reports and details of previous attempts.
Practice Assessments available now
Practice Assessments coming soon
- Exam AI-102: Designing and Implementing a Microsoft Azure AI Solution
- Exam AZ-140: Configuring and Operating Microsoft Azure Virtual Desktop
- Exam AZ-400: Designing and Implementing Microsoft DevOps Solutions
- Exam AZ-500: Microsoft Azure Security Technologies
- Exam AZ-700: Designing and Implementing Microsoft Azure Networking Solutions
- Exam AZ-800: Administering Windows Server Hybrid Core Infrastructure
- Exam AZ-801: Configuring Windows Server Hybrid Advanced Services
- Exam DP-100: Designing and Implementing a Data Science Solution on Azure
- Exam DP-300: Administering Microsoft Azure SQL Solutions
- Exam MB-300: Microsoft Dynamics 365: Core Finance and Operations
- Exam MB-910: Microsoft Dynamics 365 Fundamentals (CRM)
- Exam MS-700: Managing Microsoft Teams
- Exam PL-100: Microsoft Power Platform App Maker
- Exam PL-200: Microsoft Power Platform Functional Consultant
- Exam PL-400: Microsoft Power Platform Developer
- Exam SC-200: Microsoft Security Operations Analyst
- Exam SC-300: Microsoft Identity and Access Administrator
When a new Practice Assessment is released, it will be included on the associated exam page and on the Practice Assessments page, so you can check for current availability. If a Practice Assessment for your certification exam isn’t available within your preparation time frame, consider using the practice tests from MeasureUp. Links for each relevant practice test are on the associated Microsoft Certification exam details page or on MeasureUp. Note that MeasureUp charges a fee for practice tests, and the tests may not be available in your preferred language.
Take a Practice Assessment
The following illustration outlines the process for taking a Practice Assessment and getting feedback from it.
Make the most of Practice Assessments on Microsoft Learn
You’ve worked hard to prepare for your Microsoft Certification exam. Build on that strong foundation and help boost your confidence and readiness by adding Practice Assessments to your study strategy. For more information, read Practice Assessments for Microsoft Certifications.