SOLVED

MDI Sensor Windows-Service issue Version 2.235.17900.47908

Copper Contributor

Hello all, 

We have successfully installed the MDI sensor with version 2.235.17900.47908 on an Windows Server 2022. After installation, the MDI sensor does not start. According to the readiness tool, everything is in place. We also added the MDI service account to the Logon as service group.

The MDI sensor then tries to start the sensor-service over and over again, but without success.

We receive the following errors:

Microsoft.Tri.Sensor-Errors.log

2024-05-23 13:40:20.4944 Error HttpResponseMessageExtension Microsoft.Tri.Infrastructure.ExtendedHttpRequestException: Response status code does not indicate success: 400 (Bad Request). ---> System.Net.Http.HttpRequestException: Response status code does not indicate success: 400 (Bad Request).

Microsoft.Tri.Sensor.Updater-Errors.logs

2024-05-23 13:41:02.8043 Error ServiceControllerExtension ChangeServiceStatus failed to change service status [name=AATPSensor status=Running Exception=System.ServiceProcess.TimeoutException: Time out has expired and the operation has not been completed.
at System.ServiceProcess.ServiceController.WaitForStatus(ServiceControllerStatus desiredStatus, TimeSpan timeout)
at Microsoft.Tri.Infrastructure.ServiceControllerExtension.ChangeServiceStatus(String name, ServiceControllerStatus status, TimeSpan timeout, Nullable`1 awaitedStatus)]

I can't find anything about this behaviour in any other discussion. That's why I started this one.

Thanks for all the inputs.

1 Reply
best response confirmed by lorisAmbrozzo (Copper Contributor)
Solution
Just an update: I have been in contact with Microsoft support. There was a bug in the MDI sensor version. The update was applied and I reinstalled the sensor without problems. It's working now.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by lorisAmbrozzo (Copper Contributor)
Solution
Just an update: I have been in contact with Microsoft support. There was a bug in the MDI sensor version. The update was applied and I reinstalled the sensor without problems. It's working now.

View solution in original post