SOLVED

Diffrent results in Defender Activity Log and Advanced Hunting

Brass Contributor

Hello there,
we have Defender Identity Sensors running on our Domain Controllers. When I query login results by using Activity Log and Advanced Hunting, i get diffrent result. The device ist our ADFS server.

What am i missing here?

NinjaKitty_0-1669393808095.png

NinjaKitty_1-1669393833198.png

thank you

martin

6 Replies

@NinjaKittyCan you please let me know which 5 activity types are selected in the Activity log filter?
In addition, at what time did the first activity the Activity log occur? (Maybe there's a delay issue that I would like to check).
Feel free to so send me an email: t-lshapira@microsoft.com
Thanks,
Lior (Product manager in MDI team)

@LiorShapira Screenshots were taken last friday. I added 3 days since its monday now.

NinjaKitty_0-1669629980551.png

Interestingly, the advanced hunting results have changed. Now there are entries from november 25. which were not visible last friday.  But the numbers still don't compare. 136 to 147

NinjaKitty_0-1669634306813.png

Could that be a delay in transfer to the advanced hunting database? Some entries are still missing

NinjaKitty_2-1669633725924.pngNinjaKitty_3-1669633735350.png

@NinjaKitty Please try to make a change in AH query (#5 row) - replace "LogonType" with 
"ActionType", so the "LDAP" will be included too.

Changing the query does not make any diffrence. But if I run my querys now, the result match. Could there be delay in the data transfer? Do Advanced Hunting and Activity Log use diffrent databases?
best response confirmed by NinjaKitty (Brass Contributor)
Solution
Our team is aware of a delay in sending alerts and activities to the M365D portal. It's supposed to be resolved as soon as possible. If you continue to have issues in the next week, please contact me (t-lshapira@microsoft.com).
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by NinjaKitty (Brass Contributor)
Solution
Our team is aware of a delay in sending alerts and activities to the M365D portal. It's supposed to be resolved as soon as possible. If you continue to have issues in the next week, please contact me (t-lshapira@microsoft.com).

View solution in original post