Web Content Filtering - Toast Notification Issue

Copper Contributor

Hi all - first time posting!

We're getting ready to deploy Defender ATP to our entire organization (wish me luck) and we are currently testing the Web Content Filtering option. 

The issue we're running into is on Chrome/Mozilla/IE, the browser blocks the connection but a toast notification does not appear. The blocked message on the browser could confuse our users and a toast notification would definitely be useful.

Anyone else run into this?

We're on Win10 - 1903.

Thanks!

7 Replies

yep, same here... any solution?

@seth unfortunately not. I tested on 1803 and now 1909 and still no dice. This piece of the puzzle has been put on hold for me so hopefully someone will find a resolution soon. 

If I do find anything, I will post.

Thanks

I opened a case with partner Premier Support. I'll report when there's new.

Same problem here and it's holding me back from going live.

Windows 10 enterprise 2004

@FrancisWithHITT 

After a talk with support this fixed it for me, I hope it helps others.

Hi Nick

Our Support Team have come back with the following response:

I've looked into this and it looks like admins control if users get notifications from ATP using group policy. It looks like many admins actually choose to suppress these notifications as can be seen in the Microsoft doc below:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/security/threat-protection/microsoft-defender-antivirus/con...

Your customer should just need to use the guide above to make sure that "Suppress all notifications" is set to disabled.

Yes, our workplace administrators have done a great job. They have deactivated the notifications.

First check:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Policies \ Microsoft \ Windows Defender \ ux configuration

Notification_Suppress

@seth @Nick-Fuller  Thanks you guys - I tested this in my environment as well and was able to receive the toast notification after changing that reg key!