SOLVED

Microsoft defender for endpoint requirements

Copper Contributor
From my understanding , the pre-requisite or minimum requirements for Microsoft defender for endpoint are either one of the following licenses:

Licensing requirements
Microsoft Defender for Endpoint requires one of the following Microsoft volume licensing offers:
Windows 10 Enterprise E5
Windows 10 Education A5
Microsoft 365 E5 (M365 E5) which includes Windows 10 Enterprise E5
Microsoft 365 A5 (M365 A5)
Microsoft 365 E5 Security
Microsoft 365 A5 Security
Microsoft Defender for Endpoint

Source :

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/security/defender-endpoint/minimum-requirements?view=...

But can someone please enlighten me what’s the meaning of the last bullet “Microsoft Defender for Endpoint”?

Thanks!
1 Reply
best response confirmed by marysia_k (Microsoft)
Solution
Hi,

as far as I know, the "Microsoft Defender for Endpoint" license enables you to only license Defender for Endpoint, even if you don't use any other part of the M365 product stack.
If you are already using M365 E3, it would be better to step up the Windows 10 E3 to an E5 license, but your Microsoft Accountmanager surely can give to the right advise what license would fit best for your existing licenses.

Best regards
Stefan
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by marysia_k (Microsoft)
Solution
Hi,

as far as I know, the "Microsoft Defender for Endpoint" license enables you to only license Defender for Endpoint, even if you don't use any other part of the M365 product stack.
If you are already using M365 E3, it would be better to step up the Windows 10 E3 to an E5 license, but your Microsoft Accountmanager surely can give to the right advise what license would fit best for your existing licenses.

Best regards
Stefan

View solution in original post