SOLVED

Search Groups on Discovery Page: It does not show all groups - Why?

Steel Contributor

I have something interesting going on with the Search feature on Groups on the Discovery page. When I go there in our production tenant then it does not return any group although we have created multiple groups. In another test tenant I have 4 groups (one created with classroom, one created as PLC and two created as normal group. One is returned. The others not at all.

An (EDU) customer of mine has no issues on this. The serach list immediately returns all results and when typing in the search box it filters on the searched text. 

I did a compare in my test tenant to see what differences there are with attributes from Powershell and I did not see anything that occurred to me as an attribute that made a difference.

Does anyone know why groups do not show up in the below screendump (whether I search for them or not).

2016-10-31_0925.png

6 Replies

Hi Mike,

Thanks for reaching out to us with your comments. I just want to clarify that the missing groups in question are missing from both "Active groups" tab as well as "All groups" tab? Also the problem persists 15 minutes after the groups creation?

If you could share details of your test tenant with us, it would also help with the diagnostics.

Thanks a lot!

Shan

Hi, Mike

I got 2 more questions regarding this problem. Will be helpful if you could answer. Thanks a lot!

Have you tried to search by keyword of one of the groups? Could you please try to search with keyword under both "Active groups" and "All groups", and share us the results?

-Yabo

Hi Shan,

After a second try it appeared to work fine in the test tenant that I mentioned earlier. It just does not work in de production tenant. And it does not work at all for both Active Groups and All Groups.

The groups in the screenshot are older than 15 minutes. I can search on none.

Search results are empty...Search results are empty...

Hi Yabo,

Searching on keywords don't return any result at all. I can enter whatever I want (tried this on several browsers) and nothing is being returned. I asked also one of our co-workers to do the same: same result (nothing).

Mike

best response confirmed by Mike Platvoet (Steel Contributor)
Solution

With the help of @Yabo Li we found the issue. The OwaMailboxPolicy-Default has the option "All Address Lists" not enabled. By enabling this option, the groups discovery page started to return results. It appears that this function uses the address list function so you should be careful with switching off features on these policies.

Well how do you change the OwaMailboxPolicy-Default ? Where is that found?
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Mike Platvoet (Steel Contributor)
Solution

With the help of @Yabo Li we found the issue. The OwaMailboxPolicy-Default has the option "All Address Lists" not enabled. By enabling this option, the groups discovery page started to return results. It appears that this function uses the address list function so you should be careful with switching off features on these policies.

View solution in original post