We are happy to announce that Azure RTOS 6.1 is released. This is another important milestone release after we published our source code of v6.0 in May this year. You can find the latest source code, samples and docs on GitHub: https://github.com/azure-rtos
Major features and enhancements
We build features gravitate to two major areas:
- To fulfill the requirements from major semis to better enable their devices and capabilities within Azure RTOS.
- To further simplify Azure RTOS connecting to Azure IoT services.
And these are highlighted features we added in v6.1:
- Additional MCU/Compiler support, including ThreadX modules and ThreadX SMP
- [GA] Azure IoT Middleware for Azure RTOS, with Azure Defender (Azure Security Center) integrated.
- NetX Duo standalone cryptography library. This allows customers to use NetX Crypto library without ThreadX or NetX Duo).
- FreeRTOS adaptation layer for ThreadX. This will help ST customer to migrate from FreeRTOS to use Azure RTOS ThreadX.
Samples and getting started guides
Sample projects and getting started guides were all updated using v6.1 code that developers can start evaluating by building and running them. IoT Plug and Play, DPS and Azure Security Center samples are newly included.
You can find the list of licensed Azure RTOS chips and SoCs from LICENSED-HARDWARE.txt.
If you encounter any bugs, have suggestions for new features, you can create issues on GitHub or post a question to Stack Overflow using the threadx and azure-rtos tags.