We had a lot of activity this month, including posts around Security, Collaboration, Power BI, Meetings, KidsX, and Medical Imaging Server! See below for our Healthcare and Life Sciences blog summary for September:
HLS "Show Me How" Post:
- Transcribe and Translate with Microsoft Word Online in Microsoft Teams - Michael Gannotti, Principal Microsoft Teams Technical Specialist: Mike walks through the easy creation of transcriptions from audio recordings, as well as translation for language accessibility. Watch this to see what you can do with recordings made from a smart phone, video files from a meeting recording and more.
- Making the most of Microsoft 365 on iOS - Microsoft + Imprivata: In this HLS Partner Plays webcast recording, Randy Nale, Healthcare Technology Strategist at Microsoft, and Wes Wright, CTO at Imprivata, show us how to boost efficiency in the demanding hospital setting using Imprivata Mobile and Microsoft 365. Check it out here.
- HLS Security Monthly with Scott: The HLS Security Monthly features Microsoft’s Scott Murray covers relevant enterprise security topics. In this inaugural episode, Microsoft’s Scott Murray and Tony Sims discuss how easy it is to get started with evaluating Defender ATP via the Evaluation Lab offering that is built right into the Defender platform. Watch it here.
- How To Ensure Collaboration Security in Microsoft Teams: Do you want to ensure security for your users as they collaborate in Microsoft Teams? On Wednesday, September 30th, Microsoft Technical Specialists Pete and Sam brought in speakers from Microsoft's trusted partner Unify Square. They dove in beyond the basic native Teams governance with third party specialty tools. Click here for the recording and resources.
- Power Healthcare Hour - Healthcare Data Strategy Workshop and Power BI Licensing: Microsoft's Greg Beaumont showcases the pilot episode of the Power Healthcare Hour, where Tail Wind Informatics previews an upcoming webinar "Data Strategy for Healthcare Systems", reviews common challenges and strategic frameworks, and gives general advice for Healthcare industry around data initiatives and leveraging Power BI licensing. Learn more here.
- Voices of #HealthcareCloud - Multi-disciplinary huddles with Microsoft Teams: Watch as Microsoft's Shelly Avery and Josh Thompson show us how to leverage the power of the Microsoft cloud to break down functional boundaries and improve cross functional collaboration through multi-disciplinary huddles in Teams.
- Finding the Right Meeting Solution for your Workspace: All of our work spaces are in the midst of drastic change. Whether you're coming back to the office, working from home, planning for the future of collaboration, or some combination, there is a best practice out there for you and your organization. On Wednesday, October 14th, at 12 Noon EST, we are teaming up with Poly to deliver a CollabCast with Sam and Pete, focused on finding the right meeting solutions for your workspaces. Details here.
- HLS Security Monthly with Scott: During this live webcast, Microsoft's Scott Murray and Jeremy Windmiller are going to touch on some of the security highlights from Ignite focusing on a handful that are directly relevant to Healthcare and Life Sciences. Click here for more information.
Healthcare Industry Expert Posts:
- Pediatric Hospitals Collaborating to Advance Digital Innovation: In this podcast, Ryan Tubbs, Digital Transformation Officer for Microsoft Healthcare, speaks with Omkar Kulkarni, Chief Innovation Officer for Children's Hospital Los Angeles, about their latest initiative, KidsX. Watch and learn.
- Introducing the Medical Imaging Server for DICOM: Microsoft recently released a new Open Source Software (OSS) that provides developers with a powerful tool to migrate medical imaging data to the cloud and integrate imaging metadata with clinical data in FHIR using DICOM Cast technology. Microsoft's Heather Cartwright explains its impact on the next horizon of health data transformation in this article.
- Microsoft Azure and PyTorch help AstraZeneca apply advanced machine learning to drug discovery: At a time when biopharmaceutical scientists must comb through massive amounts of data in the quest to deliver life-changing medicines, Microsoft Azure Machine Learning and PyTorch are helping global biopharmaceutical company AstraZeneca aim to accelerate its drug discovery research. Find out more here.
Best Practice Resources:
- Microsoft Security Matters Newsletter – August 2020 – Jeremy Windmiller, Enterprise Security Architect: Jeremy has been providing a newsletter to customers that consolidates resources for Microsoft Security Products and Services. Check out the August newsletter.
- Microsoft GxP Cloud Guidelines: Microsoft's Senior Director of Business Development and Life Sciences, Daniel Carchedi, talks through how to leverage cloud-based solutions on any device, while supporting "good practice" quality guidelines and regulations. More details around operating GxP applications on Azure, Dynamics 365 and Microsoft 365 are in this post.
September's HLS Blog Contributors:
Claire Bonaci, Director, Business Development, Health and Life Sciences
Michael Gannotti, Principal Technical Specialist, Microsoft Teams
Jeremy Windmiller, Microsoft Senior Technical Specialist, Security and Compliance
Greg Beaumount, Senior Technical Specialist, Microsoft Teams
Vasu Sharma, Microsoft Customer Success Manager
Shelly Avery, Senior Technical Specialist, Microsoft Teams
Scott Murray, Microsoft Senior Technical Specialist, Microsoft Cybersecurity
Heather Cartwright, GM, Microsoft Health Cloud and Data
Thanks for reading and let us know how else our Microsoft team can help!
Sam Brown, Technical Specialist, Microsoft Teams