SOLVED

MSPs and MSSPs

Brass Contributor

Hi MS Team,

I, like many others, have many customers in GCC High / Azure Government. But I am not myself in GCC High. This creates significant challenge as an MSP/MSSP. And the majority of DIB being small businesses that use MSPs/MSSPs.. this creates a lot of challenge for all involved.

The easiest way to solve this challenge seems to be for me to get a GCC High tenant; but requirements are currently stringent and limit MSPs from getting tenants. This ends up forcing bad security, such as creating shared accounts on customer tenants for MSPs to login to (or makes them manage dozens of separate accounts for each employee at each client).

Further, there is a lack of competition in the GCC High vendor space; 9 approved vendors for GCC High. This forces MSPs/MSSPs like myself, who have been using GCC High for years and have more daily experience in it than these vendors, to send business to these companies or at least create an opportunity for these businesses to try and take our clients (which some of them do try to do). 

The whole situation is difficult for MSPs/MSSPs, and that's an issue when you consider how most DIB companies use MSPs/MSSPs/. I guess my question is.. are you all tracking this? Is it a concern you share, and are you addressing it at all?

3 Replies

@andrewgsauer Microsoft is aware and we are working on some improvements in the short term to address the requirements of Microsoft Service Providers & Independent Software Vendors.

@Paul Meacham We appreciate that - can you comment on anything specifically? Timelines?

I literally just got a hit on my Microsoft Partner Center five minutes ago for yet another lead that needs GCC High, that I will not be able to service myself. I may be able to capture it for my other services, but I have to involve another provider for licensing. 

I would love the opportunity to at least make my case to become an AOS-G partner; the fact that it's so closed off and black-box is frustrating. 

We're just getting inundated with clients who need CMMC solutions, and I want to keep my investment in Microsoft's stack. I don't want to have to lock into a solution that I'll be leaving in 12 months when the functionality comes to MS, if at all possible.

Thanks for your work!

best response confirmed by Sarah.Gilbert (Community Manager)
Solution

@andrewgsauer There is an announcement in September that will help MSPs & ISVs. As far as becoming a AOS-G partner, that is a separate track. Feel free to contact me offline about AOS-G.  

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Sarah.Gilbert (Community Manager)
Solution

@andrewgsauer There is an announcement in September that will help MSPs & ISVs. As far as becoming a AOS-G partner, that is a separate track. Feel free to contact me offline about AOS-G.  

View solution in original post