Attention Tracking

Copper Contributor

When or will MS have attention tracking such as webex has?

6 Replies

@peach680 It's certainly a great feature for Training in WebEx and I have spoken about it with the Teams team being a trainer myself.  It's not on the roadmap and has been put into the feedback portal a few times but not voted on.  Maybe a few votes will start to put it on their radar: Attention Tracking in Teams · Community (microsoft.com) 

Can you help me understand the goal of this feature? Is it an automated way to see if people are staying attentive in an online class or presentation? Thanks

@Karuana Gatimu With Cisco WebEx Training when training it was an indicator to see if you’ve lost someone’s attention as they multitask. Only the instructor can see it. It would help us to refocus subtlety those we need to get back on track. The more we lost focus re students means it could have been  content, how hard it was, not setting good expectations for the session etc but at least you can ask questions and try to engage each person a little more to redirect attention. Brilliant for education/instructors/workshops etc! It also gives you a speed up/slow down button the attendees can use to help make sure it’s at a speed they can work with. Was an awesome feature as a trainer. This might help https://help.webex.com/en-us/article/st7tr1/Track-Participant-Attention-in-Cisco-Webex-Training

I think it would be really cool to see the implementation of eye tracking software as well for this. Here is an example you can test in a browser to see how well it works after a short calibration process. Using heat maps, it could alert the presenter after a certain period of viewing inactivity for presentation focused sessions. Or, it could conglomerate a heat map of where people are focusing their attention the most in order to improve the effectiveness of a presentation/training. 

benefits trainers or presenters for active attention tracking (such as an indicator to input a re-engage tactic, like a poll). With the upcoming avatars, eye tracking is a bit of a natural requirement for animations and turning that data into a metric could be straightforward. 

Yes, this is what attention tracking is. It lets you know who is not paying attention and you can pull a report that shows the % of attention@Karuana Gatimu