Microsoft WorkLab continues to do amazing work "exploring the science of work and ingenuity". Our first-annual Work Trends Index report and our summary findings are detailed in, "The Next Great Disruption is Hybrid Work - Are We Ready?" is now available. The report uncovers seven hybrid work trends every business leader must know as we enter a new era of work. It's an excellent primer on this subject and foundational reading for anyone in the Adoption or IT Professional fields.
The report uncovers seven hybrid work trends every business leader needs to know as we enter this new era of work:
- Flexible work is here to stay.
- Leaders are out of touch with employees and need a wake-up call.
- High productivity is masking an exhausted workforce.
- Gen Z is at risk and will need to be re-energized.
- Shrinking networks are endangering innovation.
- Authenticity will spur productivity and well-being.
- Talent is everywhere in a hybrid work world.
In addition to uncovering what’s at stake with the future of work, the Work Trend Index identifies five strategies for business leaders as they begin to make the necessary shift:
- Create a plan to empower people for extreme flexibility.
- Invest in space and technology to bridge the physical and digital worlds.
- Combat digital exhaustion from the top.
- Prioritize rebuilding social capital and culture.
- Rethink the employee experience to compete for the best and most diverse talent.
Many organizations will embrace a flexible work arrangements and this means we will need to continue to embrace online meetings, digital learning and team culture building across a diverse set of circumstances. As Adoption Specialists and IT Professionals this can put a strain on our already limited resources. Fundamental to these trends is the concept of embracing change. This is challenging for organizations and individuals alike. It will be essential that we remain patient, bolster our communities and technical acumen and stay business focused. Features for the sake of features is not the way we will increase our influence or support our organizations. We must develop and strengthen our listening skills to best serve our organizations and the employees that make them hum, now and in the future.
Review the article above, download the full report and share it with your colleagues. We will continue to discuss these important trends in our monthly Champion calls and in our Adoption Newsletter on LinkedIn. Join us on April 27th for the next community call and in case you missed our March call you can download the content from https://aka.ms/M365ChampionResources Together we can navigate these issues and be stronger for the future!