First published on TECHNET on Nov 07, 2009
A whitepaper on Certificate Revocation Checking in Windows Vista and Windows Server 2008 has been publshed on Technet here - http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee619730(WS.10).aspx
Topics in this whitepaper include:
· What’s new in Windows Vista and Windows Server 2008 revocation checking
· How revocation checking works
· How pre-fetching revocation information improves performance
· Support for independent OCSP signer and custom OCSP URLs
· Recommendations for optimizing the revocation experience
· Managing OCSP Settings with Group Policy
You can also download a copy of the paper here - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=145008
The content also applies to Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2.
Hope this brief pointer helps you out! Thanks for reading!