SOLVED

Google Chrome Entreprise installing Google Application automaticly

Brass Contributor

Hi,

I wonder is someone can help me with this since a few versions Google Chrome entreprise deploying with MECM with the MSI, some of my installations on my user computers installs with Google Apps without notice like this screen capture:

Mathg76_0-1695651194285.png

Does anyone have this? how can we resolve this? any installation arguments like this? /nogoogleapps ?

Thanks

Mathg

5 Replies
best response confirmed by Mathg76 (Brass Contributor)
Solution

Hi @Mathg76,

o deploy Google Chrome Enterprise without Google Apps using MECM, you can use the following command-line argument:

/nogoogleapps

For example, to deploy Google Chrome Enterprise without Google Apps using MECM, you would create a new deployment package and specify the following command line:

msiexec /i "GoogleChromeEnterprise.msi" /nogoogleapps

References:

Please note that the /nogoogleapps command-line argument is only available in Google Chrome Enterprise version 99 and later. If you are using an older version of Google Chrome Enterprise, you will need to use the following workaround to remove Google Apps after Google Chrome Enterprise has been installed:

1. Stop the Chrome process:

Get-Process Chrome -ErrorAction SilentlyContinue | Stop-Process​

1. Remove the Google Apps directory:

Remove-Item -Path "C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application<Chrome version>\chrome.exe" -Recurse

Replace <Chrome version> with the version of Google Chrome Enterprise that you are using.

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue.
This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item.

If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

Kindest regards,

Leon Pavesic

Thanks man! i appreciate it.

@LeonPavesic 

Hi,

It seems that is not working

Mathg76_0-1695838284622.png

Hi @Mathg76,

This is because the command-line argument is only available in Google Chrome Enterprise version 99 and later. If you are using an older version of Google Chrome Enterprise, you will need to use the following workaround to remove Google Apps after Google Chrome Enterprise has been installed:

• Remove the Google Apps directory:

Remove-Item -Path "C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application&lt;Chrome version>\chrome.exe" -Recurse

Replace <Chrome version> with the version of Google Chrome Enterprise that you are using.

If you are using Google Chrome Enterprise version 99 or later, and the /nogoogleapps command-line argument is still not working, you can try the following:

1. Make sure that you are using the correct command-line argument. The command-line argument is /nogoogleapps, not /nogoogleapps.
  2. Make sure that you are using the correct version of the Google Chrome Enterprise MSI file. The MSI file for Google Chrome Enterprise version 99 or later can be downloaded from the Google Chrome Enterprise website.
  3. Make sure that you are installing Google Chrome Enterprise using a privileged user account.
  4. Make sure that there are no other programs running that could be interfering with the installation.

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue.
This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item.

Kindest regards,

Leon Pavesic
(LinkedIn)

I noticed this in our environment and investigation led me to this link. It's a long read but the 'fix' should be in Chrome 118.
https://bugs.chromium.org/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=1476987

I don't know if it will pull the shortcuts out of peoples' start menus though.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Mathg76 (Brass Contributor)
Solution

Hi @Mathg76,

o deploy Google Chrome Enterprise without Google Apps using MECM, you can use the following command-line argument:

/nogoogleapps

For example, to deploy Google Chrome Enterprise without Google Apps using MECM, you would create a new deployment package and specify the following command line:

msiexec /i "GoogleChromeEnterprise.msi" /nogoogleapps

References:

Please note that the /nogoogleapps command-line argument is only available in Google Chrome Enterprise version 99 and later. If you are using an older version of Google Chrome Enterprise, you will need to use the following workaround to remove Google Apps after Google Chrome Enterprise has been installed:

1. Remove the Google Apps directory:

Remove-Item -Path "C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application&lt;Chrome version>\chrome.exe" -Recurse

Kindest regards,

Leon Pavesic

View solution in original post