Best practice for class notebook in maths classroom

Copper Contributor

We are using Teams and OneNote class notebook at my school. For maths, we have created OneNote pages with printouts of previous exam papers and other practice tests. To make these pages, we insert a printout of the exam PDF (we do not embed the PDF in the page). Some of these PDFs have 30+ pages, so there are 30+ images on the OneNote pages.

We then distribute these pages to the students (via assignments in Teams), so they can ink over them as they solve the maths problems or insert photos of their work on the OneNote page.

Is this the best way to do this? We encountered some page distribution and syncing problems with pages like this, so I was wondering if there are any recommended alternatives.

2 Replies
I would recommend breaking up the images to fit on a OneNote page instead of the other way around. If it is not enough, you can always add more pages to the quiz, imagining each page as a page in the test booklet.

All these pages can be put into one section that falls under the Quiz section (making Quizzes a group section, like the student notebook within the Class Notebook).

It will require more work in the beginning, but with the ability to distribute it to all the students, and having it be clear and not jumbled would be a relief later on.

@MichaelC13 Thanks Michael. I think that might work for some of our resources.

One reason we haven't been splitting tests into separate OneNote pages is so we can distribute the test as a single Teams assignment. As far as I know, you can only attach one OneNote page to an assignment, not all of the pages in a section. I've attached a (zoomed out) view of one of these tests in case that helps people understand what we are currently doing.

Any other ideas/recommendations?