Deployment Framework for BizTalk 2020

Copper Contributor

I installed Biztalk deployment framework 5.8 on dev machine.

Does anybody installed the BTDF extension for VS 2019 ? 

I am not able to find the installable on the vistual studio market place . 

Any help is appreciated .

15 Replies

@AmitaBarge1gmailcomThe Visual Studio 2019 extension is not yet available, and I do not have a release date to share. v5.8 of the Framework itself is available in stable beta form for BizTalk 2020.

You can follow the VS extension here.

Thanks,

Thomas Abraham

Anxious for release. Thank you for link.

Hi all,

we have a solution how to run BTDF 2020 Extensions under VS 2019: 

BTDF Extensions for VS 2019 by DATA Passion GmbH 

Please consider this is just a workaround until we all have the official version.

I hope we can help.

Let's make integration smart today

Hallo zusammen,

wir haben die BTDF Extensions  für VS 2019 migrieren können. Wer dies auch machen möchte, hier eine kurze Einleitung, wie das für uns funktioniert hat.

BTDF Extensions for VS 2019 DATA Passion  

Bitte beachtet, dass dies nur ein Workaround ist, bis der Autor eine offizielle Version uns allen zur Verfügung stellt.

Bei Fragen meldet Euch bei uns - DATA Passion GmbH

btdf2020.jpg

Hi @DATA_Passion_GmbH ,

I tried installing the btdf extension for VS 2019 but facing the following issue while building the solution. Could you pls help me with this.

Error CS0006 Metadata file 'D:\Softwares\ToolsForVisualStudio-master\ToolsForVisualStudio-master\src\AddIn.ProjectWizard\bin\Debug\DeploymentFxForBizTalkAddin.ProjectWizard.dll' could not be found DeploymentFrameworkForBizTalkAddin.ProjectWizard.Test D:\Softwares\ToolsForVisualStudio-master\ToolsForVisualStudio-master\src\AddIn.ProjectWizard.Test\CSC 1 Active

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Dileep N

@DATA_Passion_GmbH 

Attempting to install Microsoft.VisualStudio.Shell.15.0 latest version will not work because one of the dependent packages is built just for .net core. To workaround this, install version 16.0.28729.

@tfabraham - I have installed the BTDF V5.8 to be used for BizTalk 2020 upgrade/migration project. 

Although the build path had to be changed to the VS2019 current\bin folder inorder to build, I am facing an issue with the deployment with the error as below.

BizTalkDeploymentFramework.targets(1769,3): error MSB4067: The element <ItemDefinitionGroup> beneath element <Project> is unrecognized. 

Upon further checking the files, it has below code; which wasnt in the v5.7. What is the use of this below code and how to resolve the error MSB4067? 

<ItemDefinitionGroup>
<IISAppPool>
<DotNetFrameworkVersion>v4.0</DotNetFrameworkVersion>
<PipelineMode>Integrated</PipelineMode>
<Enable32Bit>False</Enable32Bit>
<IdentityType>ApplicationPoolIdentity</IdentityType>
<DeployAction>$(IISAppPoolDefaultDeployAction)</DeployAction>
<UndeployAction>$(IISAppPoolDefaultUndeployAction)</UndeployAction>
</IISAppPool>
</ItemDefinitionGroup>

<ItemDefinitionGroup>
<IISApp>
<SiteName>Default Web Site</SiteName>
<DeployAction>CreateOrUpdate</DeployAction>
<UndeployAction>Delete</UndeployAction>
</IISApp>
</ItemDefinitionGroup>

@glav27 - resolved the above issue by using the packaged framework assemblies included in "MyBTProject\1.0\Deployment\Framework" with the 5.7 versions (e.g.: BizTalkDeploymentFramework.Tasks.dll). Something when packaging from VS2019 has those assemblies on a different build version, reverting them resolved the problem for us. Would be great to have these work by default for BT2020 and VS2019 :)

@glav27 - Resolved the problem by modifying C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\DeploymentFrameworkForBizTalk\5.0\BizTalkDeploymentFramework.targets

from
<Target Name="SetToolsVersionParam">
<CreateProperty Value="/tv:12.0" Condition="'$(MSBuildToolsVersion)' == '12.0'">
<Output TaskParameter="Value" PropertyName="ToolsVersionParam" />
</CreateProperty>
</Target>

to
<CreateProperty Value="/tv:4.0" Condition="'$(MSBuildToolsVersion)' == '4.0'">
</CreateProperty>
</Target>

then the generated MSI works as expected :+1:

I am building the BTDF.ToolsForVisualStudio and getting the following error;
Error: The "ResolveComReference" task returned false but did not log an error.
project name: DeploymentFrameworkForBizTalkAddin
I really appreciate any help you can provide.

@theman512 Do you have all the dependencies installed on the host you're trying to build the project?

Thank you, it helped.

@besserg 

@bessergI'm going to give it a try, hope your fix works :smile:

Yes, this was the final solution for me after having problems after installing 5.8 RC1 (using the value of "12.0"). Luckily, I had an old package using earlier version and compared the .target files and found out the difference.
Hi Everyone,
I have a question. I have a dev machine where I do my development for biztalk 2020 using framework 4.8 and BTDF V5.8. When I install my apps using the Visual studio 2019 Biztalk extensions I can install the applications no issues. And the with the following settings in BizTalkDeploymentFramework.targets.
<CreateProperty Value="/tv:12.0" Condition="'$(MSBuildToolsVersion)' == '12.0'">
</CreateProperty>
</Target>

When I build an msi of the project and I deploy it to biztalk sever in UAT, I need to apply the above fix for SetToolsVersionParam by dropping 12 to 4. Question why can I not use 12 on the server?
Another Question, as I do both both biztalk and .net6 development on the dev machine, this has not been an issue, however I recently need to install the .net6 runtime on the biztalk server for a service and the fix above for SetToolsVersionParam stopped working. I cannot get it to install apps. I get there error MSB4067: The element <ItemDefinitionGroup> beneath element <Project> is unrecognized even when SetToolsVersionParam is set to 4.0.
Any help will be appreciated.