BizTalk TMS does not start after BizTalk Server 2020 configuration

Copper Contributor

The problem has two causes:

1. The first start of BizTalk TMS requires higher permissions than specified in the documentation. According to the documentation, the account under which the service runs must be in the SSO Administrators group. However, the service creates an event source the first time it is started, and this operation requires computer administrator privileges. The workaround is to add the service account to the computer administrators group before the first startup and then remove it from this group. The permanent solution from Microsoft should be to create this event source during configuration by the BizTalk Server Configuration tool.
  2. BizTalk TMS starts before the Enterprise SSO service usually. According to the documentation, the service depends on the Enterprise SSO service, however the BizTalk Server Configuration tool this service dependency does not configure. The workaround is to create this dependency manually by running command:
    sc config BizTalkServerTMS depend=ENTSSO
    The permanent solution from Microsoft should be to create this service dependency during configuration by the BizTalk Server Configuration tool.

5 Replies

@VitaGazda Have you tried this with BizTalk Server 2020 CU1 installed? 

@SanjivGuptaNo, but I will repeat the complete installation, so I'll try and let you know.

@SanjivGupta BizTalk Server 2020 CU1 does not resolve the issue.

Thanks,  noted. We will look into it. 

I have experienced the same and the solution by @VitaGazda works.