Error 502 while using Application Gateway with App Service Environment

Copper Contributor

Hello,

I have setup Application Service environment and trying to access WebApps inside App service environment through Application gateway.  Below are the steps I followed to create required setup however I am getting "502 - Web server received an invalid response while acting as a gateway or proxy server" error when I hit the URL that is mapped with application gateway public URL

1) Created Vnet and created App Service environment inside separate subnet, used subdomain name as dev.xyz.com. I used ILB wild card certificate here issued to *.xyz.com

2) Created app inside App service environment and named it as "dev-web.dev.xyz.com" and added externally accessible DNS name in the custom domain as "dev-web.xyz.com" 

3) Created Application gateway, added Internal IP address of ILB ( App Service Environment) as back end pool

4) Created App Gateway-HTTP Settings using port 80 and mapped it with custom probe

4)  Created App Gateway-CustomProbe, host name used here is extenally accessible DNS name which is "dev-web.xyz.com" 

5) Created App Gateway-Listner  using host name as extenally accessible DNS name which is "dev-web.xyz.com" 

6) Added a basic rule and mapped above resources with each other

I am still not able to access my Web App after acessing dev-web.xyz.com

I am not sure about how port number used to create listner affect the setup or if  I am missing anything.

I also want to implement SSL once I am done with above testing, I would appretiate inputs on how to implement that for above setup.

0 Replies