Remote Desktop Android app issue with S Pen

Remote Desktop Android app issue with S Pen

Upvotes

Upvote

Aug 25 2023
24 Comments (24 New)
New

The Remote Desktop Android app stopped working correctly with the Samsung S Pen Fold Edition on the Samsung Galaxy Z Fold4 after the latest Remote Desktop Android app update. When the pen nears the screen, it starts selecting everything it hovers over as if it was constantly touching the screen, making it virtually impossible to use. It worked fine before the latest Remote Desktop Android app update and it still works fine with others apps.

Comments
Copper Contributor

Fold3 same problem from 21.08.2023.

No update Fold3 at this time.

Factory default doesn't help.

Copper Contributor

Same issue here.

I think last 2 weeks, using S Pen on Remote Desktop works perfectly, just until now. It seems that the S Pen is holding the left mouse button always. I tried reverting back to the old versions off app thru APK, but it doesn't seem to be the RD Client's problem (but I'm not sure entirely). But it will be great if the RD Client app should handle this bug.

Brass Contributor

Yes, same problem. Considering I haven't recently updated my phone, it only started after a recent RD Client update, it only occurs with RD Client (the S Pen works fine everywhere else), and multiple users have it, I'd say it seems to be an RD Client's problem. Regardless, a bug was obviously introduced and requires fixing.

Microsoft

same problem on Android RD Client version: 10.0.16.1238(the newest version on Google Play),

need fix asap!

Brass Contributor

Now it just stopped working altogether.

Copper Contributor

I have the same issue since the last update. I'm using a Samsung Note 10 Lite and a Tab S6 Lite. I've since had to  resort to a different app which was much harder to set up.

Copper Contributor

Same here. I have the Galaxy Tab Active 3. It hasn't been fixed until now.

I guess I should write a report or something

Brass Contributor

Yes, please do, otherwise Microsoft apparently won't fix it.

Copper Contributor

Same issue here with Z fold 5 and S pen fold edition.

Brass Contributor

Now it started misbehaving again (it had stopped working altogether).

Copper Contributor

The same is true on the s23 ultra,But you can download the historical version to solve this problem, version 10.0.15.1208

Brass Contributor

Thanks for the tip, but I can't install older versions without uninstalling the current version, which probably deletes app data (i.e. all PCs and user accounts), so that's unfortunately not an acceptable solution for me, as I configured multiple PCs and user accounts and the app ridiculously (still) doesn't restore them.

Copper Contributor

I confirm, spen is not working anymore

Please fix

Copper Contributor

I have been having the same problem and it makes the RD app unusable with the s-pen. It worked great a month or so ago. Please fix!

Copper Contributor

You can try updating the latest version of RD client, and they have resolved this issue. The version is 10.0.17.1242

Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

This is a beta release on Google play, and you can join the beta program if you want to use it,or you can download the apk from this link 10.0.17.1242 

Brass Contributor

The latest version of the RD Client available to me on the Google Play Store is 10.0.16.1239 and, on it, they have not resolved this issue.

Copper Contributor

Hi all, I confirmed that the S Pen is now working again on the version 10.0.17.1242 of RD client.

I think the Google Playstore for this version is still rolling out for some users right now. I downloaded the latest version of RD Client APK on APKPure.

Copper Contributor

I'm currently on version 10.0.16.1239 with this bug on my Fold 4. I am a Beta member. But no update is available. I only started using the s pen on the device yesterday, so I cannot comment on how long this bug has been in this app.

Copper Contributor

APK for version 10.0.17.1242 (latest RD client on APKPure): https://d.apkpure.com/b/APK/com.microsoft.rdc.androidx?version=latest

Copper Contributor

I just checked the app store again, and Remote Desktop did have the beta update this time. I am now on beta 10.0.17.1242 and the S pen is doing what it always did on my earlier phones.

Thank you to romantristanpol for posting and making me check for an update. Happy days again.

Brass Contributor

Mine updated to 10.0.17.1242 via Google Play Store. It works correctly again with Windows 10 and Windows Server 2016. It still doesn't work with Windows Server 2012 R2 (it used to). 

Copper Contributor

It still doesn't work with Windows Server 2012 R2.

please fix this