Microsoft Remote Desktop for macOS still not handling Regionalisation/language settings properly...

Microsoft Remote Desktop for macOS still not handling Regionalisation/language settings properly...

Upvotes

Upvote

May 27 2023
1 Comments (1 New)
New

I have given feedback on this issue for several years now. So, it's time to do it again in the vague hopes that someone out there actually thinks this is an important enough issue for them to care about it.

Configuration:

1. Mac running latest version of macOS (Vantura) with the current version of Microsoft Remote Desktop.

2. macOS is fully regionalised to English (Australia).

deejinoz_0-1685247110506.png

3. Target PC is running Windows 11 Enterprise 21H2.

4. Target system is fully regionalised to English (Australia).

deejinoz_1-1685247175382.png

Problem:

When connecting to the target from my Mac the session is always has the language and keyboard set to English (US). This is despite the language not even being set in Windows 11 at all.

deejinoz_2-1685247237428.png

This problem has been absolutely consistent across multiple major releases of both macOS and Windows (10 & 11).

Why does there appear to be such a blatant and continuing disregard for respecting our language preferences?

Comments
Copper Contributor

I have the same problem on Android. AVD is set to German but when I connect to AVD on my Android Phone then the keyboard language is set everytime to English.