I am using version 10.7.7(2001) of MS Remote Desktop on Mac and the "Update the session resolution on resize" option (aka Dynamic Resolution Update) is not working. The behaviour of the client is identical whether I have that option checked or not:
- Set up a connection with:
- "Start session in full screen" unchecked,
- "Fit session to window" checked, and;
- "Update the session resolution on resize" checked.
- Resize the client window by adjusting the right edge of the window.
- Notice that the entire window scales according to the window aspect ratio, even when only resizing the side of the window.
- Edit the connection and set "Update the session resolution on resize" to checked.
- Repeat step 2.
- Notice that the behaviour is identical to step 3.
The previous expected behaviour with the resize option checked was that the client window could be resized arbitrarily and the host resolution would update to match the client resolution.
It sounds like this may have broken in an earlier version than 10.7.7 (see: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/answers/questions/505654/remote-desktop-client-for-mac-is-broken-again-wind.html).