Git Submodule Update failed

Copper Contributor

Hi,

I'm having a problem with running my Azure DevOps pipeline.

A failure happened after the main repository had been cloned and then trying to clone the submodules. This is the error log "remote: TF401019: The Git repository with name or identifier adrcommon does not exist or you do not have permissions for the operation you are attempting."

The submodules are contained in the same project and they are added by using URL relative to the main repository. 

The pipeline was working well, the last success build was on last Friday,  but now it gives the error. I also checked the permissions of the build service, it seems okay, no one changed the permissions. And the other pipelines with no submodules in the same project are working ok.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Nick

1 Reply

@adrielyI had the same problem, I tried the Checkout submodules option at the build pipeline settings. And also tried including submodules inside the .yml file. Both gave the same error as you are showing. 

The solution for this is the following: Go to Project Settings -> Settings (topic Pipelines) Then you need to change the following setting, and all should work!

Project_Settings_Settings.jpg