How to query azure load balancer logs

Copper Contributor

I want to query logs, metrics, etc. on an Azure Load balancer resource.  I followed the directions in https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/load-balancer/load-balancer-monitor-log.  Except, I configured the Diagnostics settings to "Send to Log Analytics".

I hit url endpoints on the Load balancer in an effort to generate logs and metric activity.  Then, I navigated to Azure Log Analytics tool.

Which solution(s) and tables contain url activity and metric activity logs?

4 Replies
Hi,

These logs should appear in AzureDiagnostics type.

Thanks,
Meir

Hi,

What should we try if Load Balancer logs do not appear in Log Analytics? I have two Basic SKU load balancers configured to send LoadBalancerProbeHealthStatus and All Metrics to both a storage account and a Log Analytics workspace. Nothing appears in either of them. Do I have to wait some period of time for it to appear? It's been 30 minutes so far. The workspace contains other events like VM heartbeats etc.

Thanks,

Paul

I've found the same issue this morning. You had any joy?

Hi Andy,

The data I was looking for appeared in Log Analytics and in the storage account I specified. I noticed that the next day, so there was obviously a delay in it appearing but I haven't looked at exact times. I've also not checked how old the data is - i.e. is it now up to date, or is it still massively delayed. If it is delayed then it's probably not much use ;)

So basically, give it a day...

Paul