VPN Gateway and FritzBox connection

Copper Contributor

Hello,

I need to connect my private virtual network on Azure with my On Premis network via my FritzBox 7581 (OS Version 7.14). I have defined A VPN Address space, 2 Subnets, a Local Gateway and a VPN Gateway with a Connection IPAddress. I use the Passphrase to connect to the FritzBox. Azure states connecting (verbinding maken). On th side of the FritzBox I get a grayed out status.

How can I do more debugging on this connection to get more info on what's going wrong.

Any clue would be great. Thanks in advance.

Regards

Frans

3 Replies

In the mean time, I succeeded by importing a cfg file into the FritzBox

with the right parameters. 

I will be available to help if someone has any questions on this topic.

Cheers

Frans

@xstreur - I have a Fritzbox 7590 and have been trying for a couple of days now to get a Site to Site VPN up to my Azure instance.  I have built the gateways/virtual networks and public ips etc a few times now to no avail.

Most of the other articles are approaching 6 years old now and I can't but help think that MS or AVM have made some changes in the interim that prevent the vpn from coming up with the setting I have.  

Note I have been using Policy Based vpn.

Any assistance you could offer, or a redacted config fritzbox vpn file/azure setup would be terrific.  Thanks for your time,

Anthony

Frans, did you have to use a policy routed vpn rather than a route-based vpn?

Anthony