Written by Henry Yan (Sr. Product Marketing Manager)
Illumio for Azure Firewall enables organizations to understand application traffic and dependencies and apply consistent protection across environments - limiting exposure, containing breaches, and improving efficiency.
Cloud environments are dynamic in nature with applications commonly deployed as code and continuously scaling up and down. This makes it more challenging for organizations to secure their applications and gain visibility into application traffic. Organizations need a holistic view of their environment and granular controls to be able to understand risk exposure and protect against emerging threats.
Microsoft is committed to making Azure the most secure and trusted cloud for all workloads. We are continuously innovating and seeking ways to evolve our products to meet the security needs of our customers. This includes partnering with industry leaders to develop solutions and capabilities that provide the best security possible. Microsoft partnered with Illumio, the leader in Zero Trust Segmentation, to build this integrated solution, bringing the benefits of Zero Trust Segmentation to Azure Firewall.
Illumio for Azure Firewall uses the Azure platform to protect your resources across your Azure virtual networks and at your Azure perimeter. It enables organizations to understand application traffic and dependencies and apply consistent protection across your environment - limiting exposure, containing breaches, and improving efficiency. Illumio for Azure Firewall also helps simplify Zero Trust Segmentation by enhancing visibility, streamlining policy management, and providing scalable security.
- Reduce security risks with a single view of your east-west and north-south traffic based on Azure Firewall flow data within your Azure subscriptions;
- Gain a holistic view of your application traffic with real-time visibility of interactions and dependencies across your environment;
- Easily deploy and configure Azure application-based polices within the Illumio platform;
- Deploy Azure Firewall policies confidently with policies that automatically scale along with your applications;
- Avoid application downtime by understanding the impact of Azure Firewall policies before they are enforced;
- Works with all 3 SKUs of Azure Firewall – Basic, Standard, and Premium - to meet the needs of any organization;
Figure 1: Illumio Illumination map for visibility of Azure Firewall traffic
Figure 2: Writing of Azure Firewall rules in Illumio
Check out Illumio’s blog to learn more about Illumio for Azure Firewall. Sign-up for the Public Preview by contacting Illumio (ignite@Illumio.com) or visiting the Azure Marketplace.