First published on TechNet on May 06, 2015
Hi all, here's a quick public service announcement to highlight some recently published ADFS 2.0 troubleshooting guidance. We get a lot of questions about configuring and troubleshooting ADFS 2.0, so our support and content teams have pitched in to create a series of troubleshooting articles to cover the most common scenarios.
ADFS 2.0 connectivity problems: "This page cannot be displayed"
- You receive a “This page cannot be displayed” error message when you try to access an application on a website that uses AD FS 2.0. Provides a resolution.
ADFS 2.0 ADFS service configuration and startup issues-ADFS service won't start
- Provides troubleshooting steps for ADFS service configuration and startup problems.
ADFS 2.0 Certificate problems-An error occurred during an attempt to build the certificate chain...
- A certificate-related change in AD FS 2.0 causes certificate, SSL, and trust errors triggers errors including Event 133. Provides a resolution.
ADFS 2.0 authentication problems: "Not Authorized HTTP error 401"
- You cannot authenticate an account in AD FS 2.0, that you are prompted for credentials, and event 111 is logged. Provides a resolution.
ADFS 2.0 claims rules problems: "Access is denied"
- You receive an "Access Denied" error message when you try to access an application in AD FS 2.0. Provides a resolution.
We hope you will find these troubleshooters useful. You can provide feedback and comments at the bottom of each KB if you want to help us improve them.