Computer configuration \ <policies> \ Administrative templates \ Windows components \ Event Log Service \ Security \
1. Install the System Center Operations Manager 2007 R2 Authoring Resource Kit (free download, very small)
2. Install the management packs you are interested in (such as File Services MP ).
3. Start the Authoring Console and load your management pack. Generally, the “Library” MP will contain the majority of info – that’s why it’s bigger than the other files. For our File Services example:
4. Now in the Health Model area you will see all the monitoring… goo. In this case, DFSR monitoring stuff:
5. Now start drilling down below the Aggregate Monitors. There’s a lot to see here.
6. At a glance, you can see some interesting info about each monitor:
7. If you click Edit Monitor, then the Product Knowledge tab, you can see how the monitor works, what the known causes are of the issue, what the resolutions are, and more info to take in. This is the part that makes you smart.
You must be a registered user to add a comment. If you've already registered, sign in. Otherwise, register and sign in.