"Need Admin Approval" to register for techcommunity.microsoft.com - WHERE?

New Contributor

Hello! I'm unable to register with techcommunity.microsoft.com with my current work account - I get a "Need admin approval" popup, saying that "techcommunity.microsoft.com needs permission to access resources in your organization that only an admin can grant. Please ask an admin to grant permission to this app before you can use it."

We can't find WHERE in Azure/AAD or our tenant that this app/permission is visible/assigned. My admin account is a Teams/Exchange admin, but not a full GA at this point. Can anyone point to WHERE the appropriate permission/approval is either granted or assigned? Note that I'm using another, personal account to create this post - since I can't get to the Tech Community with my work account :(

TIA for any suggestions.

2 Replies

@SW-Seafox 

Can you share the error screen shot? One of the options you may ask your tenant global admin to sign on and acknowledge the access on behalf of your tenant

I ran into the same issue. The solution for me was to login to the techcommunity site with my Admin account. My admin account is a Global Administrator, so you may need to get a GA to log into the site for you.
Once you do, the site will populate in Enterprise Applications. From there an admin can allow the app and assign permissions.