Adding searching SharePoint pages to chatbot (page contents not uploaded files)

Copper Contributor

Hi ,

I am new to Azure bot frameworks and Cognitive Services and am working on creating a chatbot to signpost staff to various in-house services.  I have created a QnA bot using the QnA maker but I want to extend the bot to be able to search our SharePoint Intranet and link users to appropriate entries on our site.  These are not files but SharePoint web pages.

Assuming this is possible, what is the best way of achieving this?

3 Replies

@RohitSanjay 

HI Rohit  Thanks for the reply and the link.  Unfortunately this is not what I was looking for.  I can embed the QnA bot in the SharePoint site using the embed codes as described, but what I was asking was if there was a tool in the MS bot framework that I could use to search the SharePoint site itself.

The information that I need to signpost users to is contained in SharePoint site pages, not in documents uploaded to SharePoint.  I want someone using the chatbot to be able to type a natural language question and the result to be a link to a page or section of a page on the SharePoint site.

Is this possible?

Hi HazelJ,

I am looking for something similar as well. Connect this Chatbot to MS Ent Search API where the Search Engine is connected to many connectors for xyz number of datasources. Even better if you can train the chatbot to your departmental context that way we can have multiple bots to service for many different groups. BTW, did you find such chatbot capabilities?