Skype Room Systems v2 - possible to disable dial a number in New Meeting?

Steel Contributor

So we deployed a Skype Room Systems v2 (Logitech SmartDock) according to the deployment guide with our O365 tenant. Awesome! There are some license requirements for "Give the room a phone number and make or receive a calls from the room or join a dial-in conference using a phone number.":

- E1 or E3 with Cloud PBX and a PSTN Voice Calling plan.

Problem is, we're not in one of the 4 countries (France, Puerto Rico, US, UK) where PSTN Calling is available. No problem, we just skip that. It's still possible to join meetings, call into a conference and also dial-out of an conference with PSTN Conferencing which is a completely different service as I understand it.

However, on the start screen of the Skype Room System, you can run New Meeting:

85889a1e-a316-4cde-a063-2e1754222ce3

This brings up the possibility to add an internal user from your directory OR dial a number. I can add internal Skype users:

e8a9c03d-be45-4cf6-84e8-7c7507330994

But if I just enter a number it will start Calling... but nothing happends. I suspect the SRS tries to use PSTN Calling to reach the person and since this is not available in my country, this will not work.

SRS_calling

See how it's supposed to work  in this video at 1:01.

Anything I'm missing?

4 Replies
Hi Jonas,
Thank you for signaling this issue! The dial pad button should not be visible in your case. We have a repro and we are looking into it.

Regards,
Corina

Just to clarify. I don't have the Dial Pad on the first  (initial) screen which I'm happy about since I can't dial out.

BUT, once I press New Meeting I can choose "an internal user from your directory OR dial a number". This is where it fails to dial out if the user enters a normal phone number.

If uncertain, let me know and I'll post a video showing the problem :)

Thank you, this is helpful to know. Because I thought the picture above was a screenshot and only later on I saw it's a picture from our ads.(Only, I could repro what I thought the issue was for a couple of times)

But I can consistently repro what you are experiencing and it is an issue. I am going to open a bug.

Thank you very much for signaling this issue!

That's awesome. One technical solution would be when you actually select New Meeting it will actually book the room in the calendar, initiate the meeting and then use PSTN Conferencing to dial-out instead. Then I think it should work since I can do dial out as part of PSTN Conferencing in all booked meetings.