Home

New Look for Group Invite Notifications

Ivan Unger
Valued Contributor

Looks Office 365 Group E-Mail Invite Notifications have a new look, although there are few issues when displaying the DE localization in Outlook 2016 (works on the web though).

group-invite.png

7 Replies

Nice one!!!

Thanks for the update Ivan, nicely presented invites!

Hi @Ivan Unger, thanks for reporting! I will send this off to the developers to address this.

 

We're currently testing this new welcome email to better present your notification setting for the group and what the group has to offer to you.

 

Let us know what you think!

Hi @Ethan Li,

 

Was it a conscious choice to drop the product specific icons (e.g. SharePoint) from the notification? 

Also you've changed the destination of the "files" hyperlink from the SharePoint Team Site to the Files View in Outlook on the web - was this also intentional, possibly because the in the past the notification was sent out before the SharePoint Permissions were applied (user then got a access denied screen ;) )?


@Ivan Unger wrote:

Was it a conscious choice to drop the product specific icons (e.g. SharePoint) from the notification?


Yes. We generally don't use the icon with the product name together at the same time anymore. As well, we're also to trying to show users more of the value of collaborating groups, rather than just a list of services that are connected to the group. Collaboration with others is the key message here--your conversations, files, calendar and notebook.

 


@Ivan Unger wrote:

Also you've changed the destination of the "files" hyperlink from the SharePoint Team Site to the Files View in Outlook on the web - was this also intentional, possibly because the in the past the notification was sent out before the SharePoint Permissions were applied (user then got a access denied screen ;) )?


When we released the files view in Outlook on the web last year, that link in the welcome email was actually updated to the the files view already :) However, feel free to share here what you think would offer new groups members more value.


@Ethan Li wrote:

@Ivan Unger wrote:

Was it a conscious choice to drop the product specific icons (e.g. SharePoint) from the notification?


Yes. We generally don't use the icon with the product name together at the same time anymore. As well, we're also to trying to show users more of the value of collaborating groups, rather than just a list of services that are connected to the group. Collaboration with others is the key message here--your conversations, files, calendar and notebook.

Interesting, I would argue that there is a disconnect between philosophies among the product groups then, since many other UIs show the specific name of the products with icons, like the AppLauncher (even the unreleased one). Some feedback I often hear is, that users don't know which app to launch to achieve a specific goal/task (e.g. should I open SharePoint or OneDrive to get to my files, ...).

 

 

 


@Ivan Unger wrote:

Also you've changed the destination of the "files" hyperlink from the SharePoint Team Site to the Files View in Outlook on the web - was this also intentional, possibly because the in the past the notification was sent out before the SharePoint Permissions were applied (user then got a access denied screen ;) )?


When we released the files view in Outlook on the web last year, that link in the welcome email was actually updated to the the files view already :) However, feel free to share here what you think would offer new groups members more value.


I have an invite mail from Sept. 19th 2017 (target release for full tenant) that still points to the SharePoint Site, so the change was new to me. Since it was announced at Ignite that the Folders will be made visible in the files view in outlook on the web, I don't specifically mind the new hyperlink. The files view in it's current is confusing to most of my users that don't grasp SharePoint Views initially.

Hi @Ivan Unger,

 

Could you please provide us with an English version of this invite? We are currently struggling with our O365 Group invites since some receive the "old" ones and some the "new" ones.

The big issue is that the 'body' of the email of the "new" invite is empty - huge business impact for a roll out we just did globally for thousands of users ...

 

Therefore, the English version would be awesome so we can use it to search the web and address Microsoft Support ...

 

Thanks in advance! You can also send it privately if you prefer to do so.

Related Conversations
Tabs and Dark Mode
cjc2112 in Discussions on
46 Replies
Extentions Synchronization
Deleted in Discussions on
3 Replies
Stable version of Edge insider browser
HotCakeX in Discussions on
35 Replies
flashing a white screen while open new tab
Deleted in Discussions on
14 Replies
How to Prevent Teams from Auto-Launch
chenrylee in Microsoft Teams on
29 Replies
Security Community Webinars
Valon_Kolica in Security, Privacy & Compliance on
13 Replies