SOLVED

Is there a way for a Team Owner to be able to upload a file for a student to an assignment?

Copper Contributor

Is there a way for the Owner of a Team to upload a file to an Assignment as a submission for a student member of the team?

5 Replies

I don't understand your question as a teacher/owner you are assigning files homework to your students. so what is it you want to accomplish?

best response confirmed by Deleted
Solution
Hi KarlSuits,

Thanks for your question!

I agree with Paul, it is a little unclear! However, I think it is this - if you mean can a teacher turn in an assignment on behalf of a student, then it is not currently possible. However, there is a Teams Uservoice open for exactly this scenario. You can see

https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/599053-schools-and-universities/suggestions/31490365-tur...

I voted! I would also recommend you vote too and drive users to this in order to raise the votes and get Microsoft's attention. I will also raise it in the Teams AMA with Microsoft Engineers this afternoon that this is being requested on the community.

I hope that answers your question! If it has, then please set a like and mark it as the solution. If not, then please let us more information and we'll endeavour to find a solution. Thanks for raising this and I hope I can answer more questions for you in the future.

Best, Chris

Thanks both for your quick response.  That is correct, I need to be able to hand in an assignment on behalf of a student.

Hi Karlsuits,
It would appear some of my Tutors can submit assignments on behalf of students by selecting 'take action in Student view'
Unfortunately I cannot do this and am presuming this is being rolled out ?
Frank
That is correct, since the post above is almost 4 years old, Microsoft have introduced the feature since off the back of the uservoice

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/topic/grade-return-and-reassign-assignments-63e5efdd-be09-47f0-8...

To note
- You can take action on behalf of a student for both upcoming and past due assignments
- When uploading documents, you can only upload from your OneDrive, not the student's OneDrive

So get them to send you/share the file, get it into OneDrive, Take Action and Upload the file for the assignment

Hope that answers your question

Best, Chris
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Deleted
Solution
Hi KarlSuits,

Thanks for your question!

I agree with Paul, it is a little unclear! However, I think it is this - if you mean can a teacher turn in an assignment on behalf of a student, then it is not currently possible. However, there is a Teams Uservoice open for exactly this scenario. You can see

https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/599053-schools-and-universities/suggestions/31490365-tur...

I voted! I would also recommend you vote too and drive users to this in order to raise the votes and get Microsoft's attention. I will also raise it in the Teams AMA with Microsoft Engineers this afternoon that this is being requested on the community.

I hope that answers your question! If it has, then please set a like and mark it as the solution. If not, then please let us more information and we'll endeavour to find a solution. Thanks for raising this and I hope I can answer more questions for you in the future.

Best, Chris

View solution in original post